British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Beevers

Most Wanted List

If we are going to do things 'fairly' then any rider missing a season out of the EL must be re-assessed and preferably any rider of GP standard or Polish and Swedish top flight team places should have one agreed average that isn't altered to suit any one club.

As far as PL riders moving up, do we need a new way of assessing their abilities and yet again why aren't their current PL averages the fairest way of assessing their convertion?

Exactly, When people put their heads together, its not difficult to organise rules 'Fairly'. Had this been done already, there wouldn't have been any complaints with Woffy or Lindback.

The problem with the way you suggest, it that the promoters couldn't bend them to their advantage.....

Michael jepsen jensen talking of coming back to the UK next season good signing for some one if he sticks the season

Wonder if he was apart of the Frost assets to Poole deal

Michael jepsen jensen talking of coming back to the UK next season good signing for some one if he sticks the season

it's a big IF , i wouldn't waste the steam of my pea on him

• Like 2

Just a thought on averages

Why not base a rider on his average per race.

Take the last 40-50 or even 100 rides in ANY league (can't be that difficult to find out)

Yes some leagues are more difficult that others but most championships are only over 16 matches (Except here of course)

maximum average then would be 3 points (Impossible to get I know)

Set the team average at reasonable level (say 10 points)

Seems to me then there would be less chance of getting riders on so called false average

k.k.h couldnt ride away tracks in the pl , (except Peterborough) any el team picking him for a double up rider needs to think again . cracking guy tho .

Yes but Readypower was only a 2-year sponsorship deal!!

Exactly, When people put their heads together, its not difficult to organise rules 'Fairly'. Had this been done already, there wouldn't have been any complaints with Woffy or Lindback.

The problem with the way you suggest, it that the promoters couldn't bend them to their advantage.....

so we carry on with the usual make it up as you go along rubbish then!

He would be a huge gamble if he did. His commitment to the UK has been poor and has failed to produce anything like he foreign abilities.

Seems to have gone backwards for the past few seasons.

It amazes me that riders, that we know as assets, can be owned by an individual rather then a club. Surely that has to be against all rules and regulations and would not be recognised in the court of law. Similar to football when Mafia type organisation in South America use to take money from clubs who wanted players they thought they owned.... Whatever jurisdiction Readypower had at Peterborough, they should have been relinquished when they parted company. If the rider assets were used as a negotiable settlement where does that leave the riders......

The assett system has played its part in adding to the costs clubs have to pay for riders. It should be outlawed leaving a rider to sort out his own signed contract for a period of time, without these make believe ties that some still hang on to......

• Like 1

Depending on the points limit, as well as conversion rates, I would take a look in no particular order at David Bellego,Dmitri Berge and Erik Riss. I'd also be tempted if I was the Belle Vue promotion to consider Dan Bewley if there is some sort of fast track system at reserve.

Depending on the points limit, as well as conversion rates, I would take a look in no particular order at David Bellego,Dmitri Berge and Erik Riss. I'd also be tempted if I was the Belle Vue promotion to consider Dan Bewley if there is some sort of fast track system at reserve.

Agree with all of them "moomin,Thomsen and Douglas are two others who should be looked at.

Yes but Readypower was only a 2-year sponsorship deal!!

A bit more than just sponsorship surely?.....

So is it now a case that Rick Frosts assets were just apart of the 2yr sponsorship deal and now revert back to being up for grabs to anyone without Poole having first refusal

I like him.

He is a world class rider in my opinion and always mixes it in the GPs and should be there in my opinion.

Was the second best Dane in the World Cup and the E.L is crying out for good riders to be fair.

Not sure where he would go? Chris Holder or Tai Woffindens replacement perhaps.

A bit more than just sponsorship surely?.....

Why??

So is it now a case that Rick Frosts assets were just apart of the 2yr sponsorship deal and now revert back to being up for grabs to anyone without Poole having first refusal

The deal is/was a 2 year deal to the end of December 2016. Until we know if a new deal is in place then any assets 'owned' by Rick Frost will presumably remain his until such time as he sells them on or loans them to whoever wants them.