British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Cup Final 1st Leg 9th Oct

They would be saying lousy choice of guest / lousy guest!

But as GB said Bates is a top 5 rider / BWD is a reserve.

And guests are so often chosen for their prowess at a specific track.

I can see your point but nobody would be discussing this if he'd have had an average or nightmare meeting, it's sods law really.

He did ride well to be fair to him but the baggage that he carries is unnecessary today confirmed what we were all thinking he is a complete tosser and sooner rather than later someone is going to give him a right royal tanking.

He really can't continue his nedish behaviour much longer.

• Like 3

They would be saying lousy choice of guest / lousy guest!

But as GB said Bates is a top 5 rider / BWD is a reserve.

And guests are so often chosen for their prowess at a specific track.

What difference does that make, both have identical averages. Bradley has been riding in a team with a very strong top 5, and spent some time in the main body. If the pair switched teams, Bates would probably now be riding at reserve for the Rebels, and Bradley in the main body of Sheffield team...........It's all relative

Edited by womble53
  • Like 5

Fed up with reading BWD is a reserve yes he's a reserve with a 5 + average with riders above him with better averages in another team BWD could be a 2nd string rider.

In other teams if their no's 1-5 are out injured they are replaced with a like for like average rider or at home average +5% so why not BWD . Other teams have used these "average rules" to replace riders sometimes to advantage sometimes against.

As a previous post has said if Glasgow had won nothing would have been said.

Take it on the chin like Somerset did at home the other week.

Good Management skills in use here.

Scotsman supports Edinburgh we are taking it on the chin the Rebs deserved today plain & simple.

• Like 1

Fed up with reading BWD is a reserve yes he's a reserve with a 5 + average with riders above him with better averages in another team BWD could be a 2nd string rider.

In other teams if their no's 1-5 are out injured they are replaced with a like for like average rider or at home average +5% so why not BWD . Other teams have used these "average rules" to replace riders sometimes to advantage sometimes against.

As a previous post has said if Glasgow had won nothing would have been said.

Take it on the chin like Somerset did at home the other week.

Good Management skills in use here.

Beat me to it Ian :lol:

Scotsman supports Edinburgh we are taking it on the chin the Rebs deserved today plain & simple.

Fair dues Gazc i think its a minority issue and others stirring it.

No gripes against the Glasgow supporters enjoy their company at the OTA.

• Like 1

Fair dues Gazc i think its a minority issue and others stirring it.

No gripes against the Glasgow supporters enjoy their company at the OTA.

No problem i just say it how i see it and today the best team won.

• Like 1

I have no issues with Rebs winning this.

If I was a nasty monarchs supporter I might even be pleased! But I'm not like that!

I just don't like the system whereby a team weakened by injury becomes probably stronger in some away matches.

• Like 3

Really disappointed with the track today. Great weather leadin up to the meeting then we have riders strugglin with visiblity issues for nearly half the meeting. Coles, ayres and garcia very fortunate to escape injury. Very little racing, so a rammy brightened proceedings up a bit.

• Like 1

Identical averages BWD and Josh.

One average achieved in a top five, the other at reserve with easier rides.

I just don't like the system whereby a team weakened by injury becomes probably stronger in some away matches.

win some loose some ; got lucky twice at Glasgow.

I'm certainly not stirring it, just think it's yet another crap rule and worthy of discussion.

At the end of the day Bates and Tungate's contributions cancelled each other out so Somerset probably would have won anyway but as Scotsman says guests should never strengthen a team.

BWD been beating the best this year had a brilliant year been getting 6 rides a meeting not all against reserves.

Like i said in any other team he would be a 2nd string rider. Even when he was at no 2 he was churning out the results just unlucky to be in competition with anther "find" of the season Jake Allen.

• Like 3

See Womble 53 post.