British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Cradley V Birmingham 10th October 2017

BIRMINGHAM can book their place in the National League play-off final tomorrow when they head to Monmore Green to take on Cradley (7.30).

The Surestop Brummies hold a 16-point lead going into the second leg after winning 53-37 at Perry Barr last Wednesday.

Team boss Graham Drury is demanding yet another professional showing from his side and says a good start to the tie is essential.

"16 points from the first leg was a great effort from the side and it's more than we first anticipated," said Drury.

"That said, we're going to Monmore confident, but not over confident.

"We need to make sure we don't concede any early heat advantages and we need to keep the gap as big as we possibly can.

"There's no way we're going there just to defend our 16 point advantage though - we want to keep our run going and we want a win on the night for our supporters too!"

Drury has drafted in popular figure Danny Ayres at No. 1 while rider replacement will operate for Danyon Hume once again.

CRADLEY: Max Clegg, Richard Andrews, Ben Hopwood, James Purchase R/R, Ashley Morris, Ben Basford, Bradley Andrews, Joe Lawlor (No.8)

BIRMINGHAM: Danny Ayres, Danyon Hume R/R, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Lee Geary (No.8)

Well the odds are stacked firmly against us but anything can happen on the night so let's stay positive.

I see the Brummies have nabbed Danny Ayres to guest for them and that is an excellent move given his recent performances at Monmore.

Can't see us progressing unless our bottom end all have the best meeting of their lives simultaneously.

Spare a thought for Luke Chessell. He has been a real success this season and is really unfortunate to be missing the crucial matches.

Looking forward to a good nights racing whatever the result may be................and you never know.

Looking out of the window there is plenty of blue sky around and the forcast is for a dry evening with a minimum temperature of 10C.

Probably the last chance for Heathens to get their speedway fix at home this year so a healthy crowd is expected bolstered by a number of gloating Brummies no doubt.

... a number of gloating Brummies no doubt.

Most of them old enough to remember the 1970's and 1980's, therefore having a quiet and warm feeling of belated satisfaction in their minds, that fortunes have smiled on them for a change.

Careful to any Brummies fans going tonight we all know what Cradley fans can be like when things dont go there way

Careful to any Brummies fans going tonight we all know what Cradley fans can be like when things dont go there way

Really no need for that. Birmingham have have had the Better of Cradley for two seasons now and as Martin has said in a previous post most of us are feeling a warm glow that things have changed. However, other than the odd 'rude person' (and all clubs have them.) the heathens have taken it well. They are not happy and nor should they be but they have been, for the most part, gracious in defeat.

Mind you they might need a thick skin tonight I for one plan to be very loud.

• Like 2

I've been practicing being objectionable ever since the Wolves won the Play offs so I may just give it a whirl tonight if the opportunity presents itself!

Still as long as is a good night's racing I think we'll all go home happy.

Here's to next season!

• Like 1

Shaking head in disbelief , was going to retaliate but il rise above it

Well done to the brummies hope you go on and win the lot, good meeting tonight

I have a spare tin of Kit e Kat, if you would like it..

Not a bad meeting. Ash and Cleggy were magnificent yet again and their team riding in Heats 13 and 15 was some of the best I've seen for a long time.

Some very subdued celebrations from Danny Ayres last night, which is hopefully a prelude to him putting pen to paper for next season. I loved Ben Hopwood's impression of Danny after his first win.

Hopefully we will be able to plan better for next season and get the balance right.

Still, this year may not be quite done yet - all we have to do is turn Eastbourne over at Arlington!

Good luck to the Brummies for the Final