British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Now we know Hemsley is not involved in speedway affairs any more, plus gobbie Allan is out of the picture too, this is surely a small cause for celebration.

Potentially a decent new team & manager to be revealed next week, not all bad, for once. Nothing about race night yet though.

I can't believe there is elements of negativity amongst some on this page. !!! same negativity that is a virus to speedway

The team is running next season. At times that looked very unlikely and it's also running in the top league. Sod the politics. The few hundred hardcore fans who turned up cheering their team last season through thin and thinner still get their fix and maybe. With a competitive team the fan base will grow.

The lions situation is solved. Next up belle vue and Coventry.

Speedways biggest problem sometimes is its negative fans.

Congratulations Leicester fans

Danny Connor, 31 years of age and 21 posts to your name.

As your age and experience of life grows, you will come to realize that there is a very thin line between negativity and realism.

Many people on here have heard and seen it all before and have been conned by far better exponents of the art than the current spivs.

I admire your blind optimism and I wish the Leicester Lions the success that they deserve in 2017.

• Like 2

Nice bit of a soundbite for the new regime at BP ,on the east midlands news tonight , made a change to see speedway getting a mention for a change , and it was all very positive stuff as well

16 years a fan. Ok I know some on here remember the boom days. And talk of the early 80s ect but they are never coming back. The world changes. Be happy with what we have. It's a great sport with great competitors. Gladiators.

The real fact is Leicester is running next season.

Christ. If you hate it so much why bother?

• Like 3

16 years a fan. Ok I know some on here remember the boom days. And talk of the early 80s ect but they are never coming back. The world changes. Be happy with what we have. It's a great sport with great competitors. Gladiators.

I don't think you need to bring religion into it.

I don't remember anybody saying that they hated anything.

Have I missed something?

Well why the negative attitude towards it then? Whether it works out time will tell but so what for now. This is great for speedway that the team is running. Buster saved Lynn in the winter of 2002/3 after the wagstaff era in my time. Id have been devastated as would the other few hundred hardcore at that time. 13/14 years on and I don't feel conned. I really don't understand you reply to my original message.

It's not blind optimism. And my age and number of posts is irelivent. Many have been conned before . . The odd rougue . More haven't. When you think about it a lot of people who run clubs do so out of passion and it's in their own spare time and normally at some form of loss. Even if it's at a gain I wonder what their hourly rate would work out as?

Now I understand sometimes it's hard to gage the tone of word in pixels. and that's how riots start on these things. But I don't see how a speedway fan would see a negative in the fact the team is running next season.

Sorry Leicester fans for multi posting on your thread! Looking forward the the a47 rivalry.

• Like 5

Well why the negative attitude towards it then? Whether it works out time will tell but so what for now. This is great for speedway that the team is running. Buster saved Lynn in the winter of 2002/3 after the wagstaff era in my time. Id have been devastated as would the other few hundred hardcore at that time. 13/14 years on and I don't feel conned. I really don't understand you reply to my original message.

It's not blind optimism. And my age and number of posts is irelivent. Many have been conned before . . The odd rougue . More haven't. When you think about it a lot of people who run clubs do so out of passion and it's in their own spare time and normally at some form of loss. Even if it's at a gain I wonder what their hourly rate would work out as?

Now I understand sometimes it's hard to gage the tone of word in pixels. and that's how riots start on these things. But I don't see how a speedway fan would see a negative in the fact the team is running next season.

Sorry Leicester fans for multi posting on your thread! Looking forward the the a47 rivalry.

Well said sir!

The new lease hopefully allows further changes to be made to the track by the new company, with a reasonably free hand. If that wasn't included in the negotiations it would be a major clanger but hopefully Buster Chapman didn't drop it.

I suppose more flesh will soon begin to be added to the bare bones of today's announcement. Will Glyn Taylor stay as track curator?

• Like 1

The new lease hopefully allows further changes to be made to the track by the new company, with a reasonably free hand. If that wasn't included in the negotiations it would be a major clanger but hopefully Buster Chapman didn't drop it.

I suppose more flesh will soon begin to be added to the bare bones of today's announcement. Will Glyn Taylor stay as track curator?

I think Dave Darcy paid for the last track changes to bends 3 & 4 lets hope he does 1 & 2 now

Hey Danny!

Respect to you for your enthusiasm.

All the best.

:t:

• Like 1

Don't worry changes have been made and things will be different at Leicester in 2017. I can assure all the DH haters that he is not involved with the Speedway any longer Dave Darcy will look after the club on a day to day basis supported by Buster Chapman who simply does not have the time to run another club as well as be chair of BSPA.

well said flagrag either people donot read articles properly or cannot read or just like to stir ,but you are right .

Why bother? (by that I presume you mean carry on being interested). Well it's not out of hate. Quite the opposite.

Hate applies to the bulldung the previous promoter used, to try and con people with. People don't like it when that happens.

So hate is now replaced by skepticism, mixed with hope. Skepticism because at the moment it resembles a dodgy car that's just scraped though its MOT. It's made it back onto the road but right now we're still not completely convinced it's going to get more than a mile down the road, you don't know much about what the garage has done to get it though the MOT.

Hope, because yes of course you want the thing to keep going, but you don't trust it yet.

So we hope, that over the weeks ahead, we will know more. The bulldung detector will be on full alert. The patient seems to be out of intensive care, but it's early days. Good.

• Like 6

Blimey! It's all happening in this week's Speedway Star. Judging by comments on other threads it looks like it's going to be sold out everywhere so not much point me looking for a copy. :lol: Wonder when Mick Horton is going to have a 2 page article or even 1 page?