British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

With it looking like Leicester will need to rely on guests to replace missing D/U riders would it be possible to sign David Howe as a squad member? Last season didn't Lakeside get permission to do something similar? David has been practising after meetings and on Saturday I timed him over 4 racing speed laps and he did approx. 63 secs. His brought forward average of 6.72 is sufficient to come in for anyone in the team other than Josh Bates & Danny Ayres.

David has been practising after meetings and on Saturday I timed him over 4 racing speed laps and he did approx. 63 secs. His brought forward average of 6.72 is sufficient to come in for anyone in the team other than Josh Bates & Danny Ayres.

Do we think there are any riders already in the "last chance saloon" who David could replace ? I like the idea of having him as a replacement for a double up rider and his knowledge of away tracks would be an advantage especially after he has shook off any race rustiness he may have. However, I only see Gomolski as a candidate - perhaps Auty too although I would stick with Josh as I think he will alternate with Bates between reserve and number two...although Josh Bates may well stay in the main body of the team on his current form. Unfortunately this would not solve the problem of losing riders under double up.....More radical maybe to drop King if his form does not improve with the thought that either Howe or Bates could fill the void? Tough call as I would like to see Danny recapture the form we know he is capable of and needs to be given a few more weeks to see if that is possible.

Edited by 1 valve

I think Howe would make an half decent team manager.

He has to be better than the one the lions have now.

David has a lot of good racing left in him. Hope he gets a chance.

Agreed, he seems fit and fired up.

No doubt it would suit him to be at Leicester however I hope his parent club come calling and he can slot in at reserve for wolves.

Another FIVE weeks until Leicester have there next Home league match, that means a 6 week premiership gap since they raced against Poole at home.

Those running speedway are killing it as supporters are finding other things to do.

• Like 2

Another FIVE weeks until Leicester have there next Home league match, that means a 6 week premiership gap since they raced against Poole at home.

Those running speedway are killing it as supporters are finding other things to do.

and to my reckoning you've not had your official 1-7 all together in a home meeting yet - the way things are going guest rider will be your no1

and to my reckoning you've not had your official 1-7 all together in a home meeting yet - the way things are going guest rider will be your no1

Yes and we have seen ex Leicester rider Klindt ride for 3 different teams in the 3 matches at Leicester this season, We have a captain that has Only rode One match at home which is Not good enough.

The Leicester promotion are leaving the fans feeling short changed by Not having a Full Leicester team at any of the 3 home matches.

Edited by robert72

Nicolai Klindt is an everpresent at Beaumont Park in 2017. Something over half of Leicesters team had failed to achieve by meeting number 2.

Only in speedway!

The question for Leicester fans is on his performances this year for the Lions would you make a team change in time for the next league fixture and include Lasse Bjerre instead of Josh Auty ?

To me I think it makes sense as Lasse seems to have upped his game this year and more committed.

I would give Gomolski a bit more time as he has proven that he can be a heatleader and like Buckowski needs time to settle and get equipment set for British tracks which he seems to have done now and was a lot better last night.

I'm amazed nobody has signed Bjerre. He's a bargain in his average. I said so when Coventry signed him and I stand by it now a few meeting in.

I'm surprised Rory Schlein hasn't been snapped up - from what I saw last night at Rye House Watt is on borrowed time woeful is the word I'd use so if Leicester are thinking of a team change I'd act fast before others do - not having a full official 1-7 is a crazy situation for home meetings at least .