British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

No.

2 riders have to have come from the NL.

Do you mean 2 riders who started their careers in the BNL but not necessarily still there?

Do you mean 2 riders who started their careers in the BNL but not necessarily still there?

that would be the interpretation BB yes.

Leicester have a busy June with lots of home meetings that they cannot afford to lose so King and Bjerre need to step up and score the points that they are capable of doing so.

Trust me posters on here are not the only people that have noticed certain errors being made with tactical changes and fans have commented that they have gone from honest say what you mean Norrie To Mr Nice Guy and never mind try again Jim.

I would rather have Norrie than clueless Jim any day.

I agree

Those speedway supporters that didnt go to the sidecar meeting on Saturday missed a treat. The meeting was entertaining, swiftly run and there was more passing in the meeting than we saw in the first four years at Beaumont park. I would recommend a visit next time around. I suggested to DH after the first season that he try bringing sidecars to Leicester.

Agreed, it was fantastic entertainment. The only downside is that the PA system is now totally inaudible in the grandstand.

Sad to see that Josh Auty has quit the sport. He's had a lot of injuries over the years and I hope his life after speedway is everything that he hopes for.

• Like 2

Agreed, it was fantastic entertainment. The only downside is that the PA system is now totally inaudible in the grandstand.

The reason it has to be so low is due to a complaint about noise to the council.

Probably from the same morons who break in the stadium on a regular basis & smash it up. So are the Lions supporters now supposed to hand over £17 each to not have a clue what's beings said? To be honest, does the city of Leicester really want speedway back? The first meeting this season was fantastic, big crowd, lots of noise, great atmosphere. Since then it's like visiting a morgue. No atmosphere, can't hear the PA system & absolutely no attempt to excite the crowd. Add to that radio Leicester hardly ever mention the sport & i doubt that half the population of Leicester even know it exists. To me it's like watching something dying a very slow & painful death.

Edited by Liontamer
  • Like 1

Probably from the same morons who break in the stadium on a regular basis & smash it up. So are the Lions supporters now supposed to hand over £17 each to not have a clue what's beings said? To be honest, does the city of Leicester really want speedway back? The first meeting this season was fantastic, big crowd, lots of noise, great atmosphere. Since then it's like visiting a morgue. No atmosphere, can't hear the PA system & absolutely no attempt to excite the crowd. Add to that radio Leicester hardly ever mention the sport & i doubt that half the population of Leicester even know it exists. To me it's like watching something dying a very slow & painful death.

I heard it was more to do with the 'compo' the noise could attract rather than anyone being bothered about the track being there

So much for Mr Lynch's pre season comments that we will just try and win all our home matches and just simply enjoy riding away. Wth this team of 6 BCL riders and only one BPL standard rider many more home defeats can only be expected. If crowd levels are to be maintained then something has to be done sooner rather than later.

I see that starting the races are still proving a problem for the starting marshalls who I appreciate seem to be trying to line them up in accordance with the regulations by inviting then in in grid order. This however does not seem to be working does it.

If you fancy squeezing in an extra 2017 Bee, James Sarjeant would now fit for Danny Ayres :P

If you fancy squeezing in an extra 2017 Bee, James Sarjeant would now fit for Danny Ayres :P

Is that much of an improvement? At least Danny Ayres doesn't break the tapes every other race!

• Like 1

Is that much of an improvement? At least Danny Ayres doesn't break the tapes every other race!

I think you'll find SCB is being a bit puckish there.

Ayres doesn't need replacing, the lads been doing pretty well in comparison to the other number 7s and only struggled monday after a fall for Cradley then being dumped into the fence in his first ride when Perks tried to pass when there was no space. I don't think it was intended to hurt him, but a daft attempt at a pass.

Bjerre is the one that should be in immediate danger. Riding like he's been sent on a mission by the Bees to bring us down from the inside. Hope Agent Bjerre isn't the case and he starts to pull his finger out!

Garrity is the other one that may be looking over his shoulder. Needs to sort his mechanical gremlins out, he's no use to us as a heat leader only completing 2 heats a meeting. Looks good once he gets going, hopefully just dusting off the cobwebs now he's back in the top tier.

• Like 1