British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

talking to my son about the speedway next year, he has pointed out to me that geographically there are no teams south of Ipswich and Peterborough in the new championship, is that a bad thing?

Other than Rye House moving up it makes no difference. Somerset and Plymouth are further south but so far away it is not a factor. In fact, Somerset elected to go up as their closest neighbours in the Championship would have been Peterborough, a mere 178 miles away!

It'll be a long trip for any Ipswich fans going to the PLRC next season

Im sure they will both leave in plenty of time! ☺☺
  • Like 4

don't know if the british reduction still exists, not suggesting it doesn't, just don't know! wouldn't that then apply for the other brits in your team if it did apply?

I think it's something along the lines of your first 3 seasons in PL so people like Sarjeant / King wouldn't get reductions but riders like Williamson, Ayres, Bewley etc would! but not sure of the rule!

How about Big Macs?

Oh hang on, that would require the sponsorship of a rather large fast food company. Lol

How about Big Macs?

Oh hang on, that would require the sponsorship of a rather large fast food company. Lol

Calling McDonalds 'food' is stretching it a little...

• Like 1

Calling McDonalds 'food' is stretching it a little...

Very true, but this thread has become rather silly while we await announcements.