British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Perhaps Badge will know where the Kamikaze/Kimekaze originated from she was one of his biggest fans.

Any ideas Badge?

sorry no I haven't

Great pics from Kevin. 👍

Also great that a new mike amplifier has been sourced so hopefully we will hear more of him 👂👂

• Like 2

We may actually get to hear the draw ticket numbers, although that wast always down to the pa system

• Like 1

We may actually get to hear the draw ticket numbers, although that wast always down to the pa system

I had no trouble with the p/a system there in 2015 when I won the £100 draw sitting in the home straight stand , it was a miserable night with Panthers getting a thrashing but it did cheer me up when the draw result was announced.

• Like 2

I had no trouble with the p/a system there in 2015 when I won the £100 draw sitting in the home straight stand , it was a miserable night with Panthers getting a thrashing but it did cheer me up when the draw result was announced.

I think it's just part of the back straight, which we like to call the cauldron , where the massif sit which has hearing issues, maybe it's all the noise we make which is making us go deaf.

The problems are not in all areas.

IMO much of the issue is due to there being no adjustments to the speakers following the seating being installed on the back straight meaning the sound is just directed into front boarding rather than fans ears!

• Like 4

https://twitter.com/jeffhiggott/status/842842251357229057

Picture of CL courtesy of Jeff Higgott, standing where the old kerb used to be.

That's some difference when you look at it like that! I'm assuming by the "old kerb" he's referring to where it used to be before the first alterations back in 2010?

Can't imagine that much has been taken off this winter? So surely a combination of the two efforts together.

https://twitter.com/jeffhiggott/status/842842251357229057

Picture of CL courtesy of Jeff Higgott, standing where the old kerb used to be.

That's some difference when you look at it like that! I'm assuming by the "old kerb" he's referring to where it used to be before the first alterations back in 2010?

Can't imagine that much has been taken off this winter? So surely a combination of the two efforts together.

I reckon thats just this years change. A full 2 metres taken off at the entry.

Perhaps if JL had been laying in the gap and only filling half of it we could have had a proper sense of proportion! 😆😆

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2