British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Sheffield 27.10.16

All nicely set up for tonight. A continuation of the Rebels home form should seal the deal tonight.

COYR.

All nicely set up for tonight. A continuation of the Rebels home form should seal the deal tonight.

COYR.

I'll be there with my stomach in knots. This really doesn't do my blood pressure much good. COYR

Easy for Somerset not sure why people hink its all still to play for. Somerset by 25-30 points

• Like 2

Easy for Somerset not sure why people hink its all still to play for. Somerset by 25-30 points

Whilst I agree with you that it should be Somerset's to lose, I suppose the question mark arises that people said that about Newcastle and then about Glasgow. All things considered, Sheffield shouldn't be in this meeting!!. Think we only lost by 10 earlier in the season and a couple of our riders have upped their game since then - it would only take a first bend tumble for Tungate or Josh G to make things considerably more difficult for the Rebels (I hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be unheard of)

I bet your the life and sole at a party.

Whilst I imagine your one of those annoying people who goes around whooping in everyone's faces.. You know the sort of people it should be legal to punch

• Like 1

Think we only lost by 10 earlier in the season and a couple of our riders have upped their game since then - it would only take a first bend tumble for Tungate or Josh G to make things considerably more difficult for the Rebels (I hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be unheard of)

Memory playing tricks on you CB, lost by 15pts (53-38) on 12th August & by 18pts (54-36) on 9th September. On top of that Rebels have won the last two at Owlerton, 51-39 on 22nd September & the 2pts last night, with the only defeat at Owlerton, by 10pts (50-40), coming on 11th August.

Not saying for one minute it'll be a cruise for the Rebels, as I'm a pretty pessimistic person in this type of match, always think we're going to have a hard meeting & it makes it an all the better feeling when we get through it. If your coming down, have a safe journey & enjoy the match

Whilst I imagine your one of those annoying people who goes around whooping in everyone's faces.. You know t

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Whilst I imagine your one of those annoying people who goes around whooping in everyone's faces.. You know the sort of people it should be legal to punch

Lighten up, I am merely pointing out that Sheffield still are in with a shout and if the riders go there with the same mind set as you have then they might as well not bother turning up there is only 2 points in it so all is not lost,Sheffield still have a chance .

Had Sheffield managed to take 10 (or more points) to Somerset I had planned to go tonight but I'm not going for a routine win. It'll be brilliant for the Somerset fans and I hope they all enjoy it but them winning at Sheffield kind of ruined it for the neutral - not their fault though, they had a job to do and did it.

Frankly, they deserve the title, not a team manage gave a hope in hell, I seem to remember a lot of disparaging comments about their team back in the winter and very few actually rated it at all but they seem to have got it spot on as the younger, less experienced riders just seemed to have got better all season while Tungate has had a new lease of life.

Now having won a fair few PL titles and looking set to win this years, can the Rebels move up into the EL? As I'd bloody love to watch the top guys around Somerset!

Had Sheffield managed to take 10 (or more points) to Somerset I had planned to go tonight but I'm not going for a routine win. It'll be brilliant for the Somerset fans and I hope they all enjoy it but them winning at Sheffield kind of ruined it for the neutral - not their fault though, they had a job to do and did it.

Frankly, they deserve the title, not a team manage gave a hope in hell, I seem to remember a lot of disparaging comments about their team back in the winter and very few actually rated it at all but they seem to have got it spot on as the younger, less experienced riders just seemed to have got better all season while Tungate has had a new lease of life.

Now having won a fair few PL titles and looking set to win this years, can the Rebels move up into the EL? As I'd bloody love to watch the top guys around Somerset!

Certainly I didn't rate it, even when Somerset for once got the averages right. :D The difference, as well as the youngsters, is the steady scoring of Tungate as well as the notable improvements and consistency of both Charles and Starke. Starke had a late dive in his form, but now appears to be back in the grove and justifying his number 5 spot, which a lot of people would have though was beyond him. Somerset for me with an easy home win. Don't believe in third time lucky.

Before the season started I didn't think Somerset would be top of the league but they proved everybody wrong and deserved top spot.Cant see anything but a big win for them tonight but hope we can stay in the meeting for a while.Its always good to win but if they get 60 plus then I feel for the travelling support. Hope we can keep it close and its an entertaining finish to the season.Good luck to the Tigers.

Anyone else having trouble with Speedway Updates site, it says You have been banned when opening it for me