British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

Merry Christmas to all Tigers fans and speedway fans up and down the country , even the Weegily challenged from along the M8 :drink:

• Like 5

Merry Christmas to all Tigers fans and speedway fans up and down the country , even the Weegily challenged from along the M8 :drink:

Merry Chrismas from the more famous tigers as well :drink::lol:

• Like 3

Hope we get lucky weatherwise for the Benfund . Been to three of those , Scunthorpe 2011 it was dry and cold , Birmingham 2012 we were sitting in a beer garden wearing t-shirts , it was roasting . Berwick 2013 , oh my god there were polar bears roaming around the back straight terrace . So as long as dry is in the description.

I'll never forget that pub in Scunthorpe too, haha! That was the first meeting with the new silencers too wasn't it? Birmingham was scorching outside that pub, but did get bloomin' chilly by dark. Have a great Christmas mate and i'll see you guys in the Horseshoe on Thursday! :drink::cheers:

• Like 1

I'll never forget that pub in Scunthorpe too, haha! That was the first meeting with the new silencers too wasn't it? Birmingham was scorching outside that pub, but did get bloomin' chilly by dark. Have a great Christmas mate and i'll see you guys in the Horseshoe on Thursday! :drink::cheers:

You will indeed . We're 8 handed so far , so should be an entertaining session on the bevvy .

• Like 1

I don't really care about the view at other tracks, mainly because I don't visit them, but I think the viewing at Ashfield should have been addressed before a big screen was installed.

There was a terrific viewing system used by the Romans a couple of thousand years ago - TERRACING! Its a shame that it has not caught on in the West of Scotland. Seriously, I could not believe the setup the first time I saw I saw it. It is an embarrassment in an otherwise decent stadium and, in my view as poor, if not worse, than the stadium along the M8 for viewing - unless you are one of the few who get in early and do not move for the duration of the match. O.K. if the ambition is to race in front of a small crowd but useless with decent crowds - a real deterrent. The management admitted 'early doors' that they had made some mistakes which would be rectified - this should have been No. 1 on the list. I have always watched the second half of meetings from the back straight as I have a blether to friends who 'reside' there but would no longer stand there through choice. It would not be a massive job to reinstate the terracing but would cost a few bob and would need to be carried out in off season.

It will not matter to people watching the big screen as the camera will be situated in a place that catches all of the action.

Merry Christmas all.

• Like 3

have to agree with the viewing,as someone who likes to watch from the bends its hard at glasgow,bends 1&2 are a no go u cant see riders just helmets pluc u get covered in dust bends 3&4 are the same best view there in sponsers box,and if u move off position on bend 4 someone gets your place and u miss out again .back straight if u a short arse like me forget it cant see over prople ,on the plus side however the disabled area behind glass is a great idea but as someone who has stood in there again u just see helmets. u cannot knock the owners as they have spent some money doing up the place but am allways thinking "silk purse out of pigs ear ".

• Like 1

A few of us having a get together in the Horseshoe Bar tomorrow from one o clock . Anybody fancies it , the more the merrier . So sick of Christmas ? Sick of sitting around the house , missus nagging a bit too much ? Come and get pished with us tomorrow afternoon :drink:

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

sounds like a plan , but i dont think i can peddle that far . good luck with that tho .

I'm pissed , cracking day , roll on march

• Like 4

I'm pissed , cracking day , roll on march

Cheers Paul, thanks for being the treasurer today. Happy New Year to all you posters on B.S.F.. :cheers:

Still unsure about Saturdays. Long term supporters still seem prefer Sundays but what does our thoughts matter.

• Like 3

Cheers Paul, thanks for being the treasurer today. Happy New Year to all you posters on B.S.F.. :cheers:

Still unsure about Saturdays. Long term supporters still seem prefer Sundays but what does our thoughts matter.

Speedway pal, the fans provide the income for the club to survive, then the powers that be ignore their customer and they walk, oh ! and for f**ks sake don't make any comments about them, you may get barred before you had the chance to walk.

BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

i see you can buy a race suit for your fav rider at glasgow . buy the suit , loan it to your fav rider for the season. when the season is over , you get to keep the suit . may be a bit smelly , but you have 750 quids worth ot smelly kevlar !

if the rider of your choice is dropped/replaced you get the suit back . dont know if this is a good idea or not .

there are other benefits as well . maybe a good idea, or just glasgow trying to save some moola $. money starting to run out ? good luck with that one .

no , i am not avin a go at the management ..

i see you can buy a race suit for your fav rider at glasgow . buy the suit , loan it to your fav rider for the season. when the season is over , you get to keep the suit . may be a bit smelly , but you have 750 quids worth ot smelly kevlar !

if the rider of your choice is dropped/replaced you get the suit back . dont know if this is a good idea or not .

there are other benefits as well . maybe a good idea, or just glasgow trying to save some moola $. money starting to run out ? good luck with that one .

Get your Kevlars from 'SPEEDWAY ANARCHY' wont cost you £750 (Adrian Rymels company)

You're right though , I wont be partaking

It's embarrassing

Edited by Paulco