British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
coomie

Somerset 2017

Well Premiership (Elite) speedway here we come! Didn't see that one coming (I don't read speedway star).

I know some have reservations but once again its progress for Somerset speedway. I look forward to watching (hopefully) some GP riders around the best racing circuit in the country.

• Like 3

Really not happy about this tbh could have potentially ruined the club, i'll enjoy higher calibre of riders but have to admit I am worried about the future of the club.

Really not happy about this tbh could have potentially ruined the club, i'll enjoy higher calibre of riders but have to admit I am worried about the future of the club.

Get off here you in a different league now :D

• Like 1

Well Premiership (Elite) speedway here we come! Didn't see that one coming (I don't read speedway star).

I know some have reservations but once again its progress for Somerset speedway. I look forward to watching (hopefully) some GP riders around the best racing circuit in the country.

It said nothing definite in the Star ! It just asked the question if Somerset were destined for the Elite and were not we're, we're destined for the Premiership and in the format that's laid out I feel hopeful, there are bound to be transition snags but on the whole I think it will be good for the Club. Look at the visiting fans we will get for a start ! Poole, Swindon and the Midlands clubs. GO REBELS !!! ROLL ON MARCH 2017!!!

Agree some people will have reservations about the move, but I honestly think Somerset under the current owners will do really well and ok next season.

They've got themselves two Bees fans as new regular visitors now too ( maybe even more) SCB? :P We only live two junctions down the M5.

Very happy with the news! :t:

Edited by Jacques

Fires lit probably by people who know nothing.

Or people who knew more than you😉
  • Like 2

Can see everything going up in price...parking, entrance fee, programme, drinks...will the entertainment be any better?

I hope it doesn't and I hope it's just as entertaining.

Fair play to the Promotors for trying to make Speedway sustainable for the future...just hope it works and every promotor plays within the spirit of the rules, and doesn't go looking for loop holes.

Can see some funny goings on until the first proper averages come out.

I don't know how I feel about Somerset being promoted tbh... I stopped going to watch Swindon because I found Elite league racing boring...whilst the Prem was exciting...and 'real'. I'm really not bothered about seeing GP riders.

I'll remain open to the idea and see for myself and judge then.

Not really still champions of it atm abd we'll be holding the pairs.

and not be in it . the run of great results is finished , or is it . good luck in the lite, sorry premier league from where you have come from and where you have ended up at !

but at least to will see the majority of your own rider on a weekly bases and not lots of double downers .

do they allow happiness in the lite (prem) league , things like cheering and flying flags . groundhog day comes to somerset at last . when you have seen 1 third of the seasons fixtures ,, you will have seen the whole season . hope its not too boring for you .

up the revels,wyverns ,dragons and the rebels . fly that flag with pl pride ...

plus the return of team suits .

Where have these rumours come from because honestly i can't see the hancocks wanting to go Elite

we could .

Edited by jenga

They've got themselves two Bees fans as new regular visitors now too ( maybe even more) SCB? :P We only live two junctions down the M5.

Very happy with the news! :t:

You have more chance of bumping into me my little flower...

You have more chance of bumping into me my little flower...

I know, that's the downside :P