British Speedway Forum

Good luck Scott.

He is one of the all time greats in terms of racing ability.

Without a doubt the best away rider around Kirky Lane....one of the very few that could take Jason Crump from the back .

Yeah not much good around NSS suited to more smaller tighter tracks

Why? A track that he never went very well on, A long journey and a team that needed to cut some riders, Think your putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

For a start its a dam cite shorter journey from his house than it would be back to BV. assuming they run... Any rider can perservere with a track, Poole was a long way down Tricks list of favorite tracks, and he didn't do to badly so no reason why after a period of time Scott wont get the hang of it.

Decent signing in Nicholls. Should be much more comfortable around Rye than the NSS.

Strength in depth side from the quotes.

Thomas Jorgensen would be a very good signing, one of the quickest visitors in the last couple of seasons.

Sundstrom & Palm Toft would be good additions, in my opinion.

Averages too high to have both

Edited by Shads

Will be missed at the NSS, should the Aces ride again...

Committed and a good leader of the team...

A smaller circuit will be ideal for him and I presume a DU role somewhere? Ipswich maybe?

All Aces fans will, I would think, wish him all the best...

Good signing for the Rockets. Assuming that Kennett is next as number one which in itself is the biggest worry.

Good signing for the Rockets. Assuming that Kennett is next as number one which in itself is the biggest worry.

Kennett is a good rider but still even in this league not a Number 1. Would rather have Hans than Kennett at number 1 for example. Doyle and Fast Freddie. I wonder if you guys have attracted Harris with some large wages??? Would be a much better number 1. 28 on points on heat leader if you had Kennett. 22 points on 4 riders if you signed a two pointer. 20 points to spend on three which isn't to bad.

Kennett is a good rider but still even in this league not a Number 1. Would rather have Hans than Kennett at number 1 for example. Doyle and Fast Freddie. I wonder if you guys have attracted Harris with some large wages??? Would be a much better number 1. 28 on points on heat leader if you had Kennett. 22 points on 4 riders if you signed a two pointer. 20 points to spend on three which isn't to bad.

I'd prefer Thorssell to Harris if it's a choice but that's off topic with it being a Rye thread.

Ok, have that team. Good luck though give Leicester a good match at least.

You've said it yourself, it isn't the EL anymore. Kennett isn't an out and out number one perhaps but he's a heatleader for sure and his starting average is realistic. Compare us to Swindon for example, Doyle (13.42) and Ellis (7.84) add up to 21.26, Eddie (9.27) and Nicholls (9.23) add up to 18.5. I know which pairing is better value there from a team building standpoint.

Harris' average from the EL is less than Kennett's EL figure if we do have to use that as a reference point. Furthermore if Kennett was to come in on a converted EL figure rather than his PL figure he'd be on a 10.03 average, that suggests his 9.27 average isn't a bad one to sign him on at all.

Next rider announced at 09.30 tomorrow

No way, He is at Kings this season.

Don't think he will drop down to the National League :P