British Speedway Forum

Well according to this weeks star, Stuart Robson is in the side too.

Robson would be the first poor signing imo, could see him dropping 3 points off that average.

Agree there but ull hav a lot of riders dropping pts off there averages.

Edited by PTW

Agree there but ull hav a lot of riders dropping pts off there averages.

Absolutely. But I think Robbie falls into one of the two categories of riders likely to drop the highest percentage. Those with pl averages in the 8s who are really a top flight 2nd string at best, and edr from last year who averaged under 3 in the el (despite two reserve heats) but are coming in on 5+ point pl averages.

Absolutely. But I think Robbie falls into one of the two categories of riders likely to drop the highest percentage. Those with pl averages in the 8s who are really a top flight 2nd string at best, and edr from last year who averaged under 3 in the el (despite two reserve heats) but are coming in on 5+ point pl averages.

We have to remember it isn't going to be anything like the EL though. Rye will be an exception, not a rule by putting out a top five that could have been seen in the EL in recent times. Most clubs won't be tracking more than one, or two at a push, riders that rode EL only last year I'd imagine. It is going to be PL standard riders, against whom Robbo managed to average seven points across the season last year.

If a seven pointer (Robbo/Schlein/Jorgensen) along with Kennett complete our top five then we're going to be seriously short of points at reserve and then end up tracking a similar pair of reserves to those that have been riding EDRs the last few years, if not weaker. The 50 point limit means most riders will drop their averages, the teams that do well will, rather than increasing total team average, probably remain around the 50 point total.

Ben91, on 17 Nov 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

We have to remember it isn't going to be anything like the EL though. Rye will be an exception, not a rule by putting out a top five that could have been seen in the EL in recent times. Most clubs won't be tracking more than one, or two at a push, riders that rode EL only last year I'd imagine. It is going to be PL standard riders, against whom Robbo managed to average seven points across the season last year.

If a seven pointer (Robbo/Schlein/Jorgensen) along with Kennett complete our top five then we're going to be seriously short of points at reserve and then end up tracking a similar pair of reserves to those that have been riding EDRs the last few years, if not weaker. The 50 point limit means most riders will drop their averages, the teams that do well will, rather than increasing total team average, probably remain around the 50 point total.

At least an away win a Brandon may be a possibility !! ......... 5 former Bees rumoured to be in the final Rockets line up ..

Another good signing great bloke one of

the very few that has got me a beer back !!!!!!

Good to see Robbo back, he had a renaissance last year. I don't expect him to maintain a seven point average but he'll do a good job at second string. Looks like that does rule out Schlein/Jorgensen then, unless Eddie isn't coming back which I can't imagine being the case.

Looking across to the Swindon team so far (our first round opponents in the cup) and I'm much happier with what we've got so far.

Had to be.

Great signing.

Went to Peterborough for the fours and we look like we didn't want to be there for what ever the reasons were (we all know) but Robbo came out and gave it his all.

Well done Rye promoters. Looking good.

• Like 1

Apparently they'll now be called Rye Home & sponsored by SAGA.

• Like 2

What a refreshing change! A newcomer to the scene uses a very basic tactic to focus interest in their team. Just a daily drip drip drip to whet the appetite. And there's even interest on the Lakeside forum. ;)

It'll be interesting to see how rigidly they stick to their Saturday schedule when faced with appeals from weakened teams.

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:

::::::::::::

THE FOURTH SIGNING: ROBBO RETURNS!

The BMR Rockets can announce that 2016 hero Stuart Robson will be wearing Black, Fire and Chrome again next season as the Hertfordshire side gears up for its first ever season in the top flight.

Generally recognised as Speedway’s favourite Mackem, Robbo is automatically guaranteed to feature in Rye House folklore for his two and a bit campaigns in Hertfordshire in the mid-noughties, his role in that memorable 2005 League and Trophy double and his never-admit-defeat heroics.

His return to Hoddesdon in 2016 after an eight season absence also left a pretty big mark, however. The sudden end to the Rockets’ season after their Knock-Out Cup Semi-Final elimination ultimately prevented the public announcing of the club’s Rider of the Year award, but it can now be confirmed that Robbo was voted in by the public for the Mr Rocket accolade. As he himself says, “It is brilliant to collect that award, and I want to say a big thank-you to everyone who voted for me. To win it when you are in the company of the likes of Eddie (Kennett) and others means a lot to me. I feel humbled to receive it.”

For Robbo, though, the focus has quickly turned to preparing for 2017 in the Premiership. “I am really pleased to be back for next year. Rye House was my first choice of club for 2017 regardless of which League they were in, so I am absolutely delighted to be a part of the set-up again.

“2016 was a good year for me but I also feel that I have got a lot more to give next season. To have Scott (Nicholls), Chris (Harris) and Davey (Watt) in the line-up as well is tremendous. It’s a really exciting looking side that is coming together.

“We’re already talking three Brits, plus Davey who is resident over here, and that’s got to be a big plus for Team spirit.

“They are TEAM men throughout too, and they all think on far more than a personal level. That’s so important to success.”

As mentioned above, Robbo is delighted to be back, but the feeling from Rye House Co-Promoter Steve Jenson is clearly mutual. He says: “Robbo would have been in the team regardless of what League we were in for 2017. It was a no brainer, really.

“In Scott, Bomber, Davey and Robbo we’ve got four captains in the Team, which isn’t a bad place to be.

“And there’s more to come. We’ll be looking to announce Rider No.5 at 9.30 tomorrow morning.”

The Watt signing makes no sense if Robbo was returning all along. It looks a bit dads army now.

Shouldn't there be a limit on the combined age of the riders?