British Speedway Forum

If you are thinking of sponsorship, would you not rather put it into a ENGLISH rider, say Lambert ?

I also had a British rider in mind, who is a good friends relative. He's now signed for a team further up north, so the chances of watching him race would be very remote. I will see how the season pans out to start with before I make any rash decisions.

• Like 1

I reckon bombers gonna struggle at rye, he would have loved the ota

Think Bomber will be ok with the deal he has at Rye regardless of how many points he scores.

Think Bomber will be ok with the deal he has at Rye regardless of how many points he scores.

Flat wage like Scott Nichols?

If you are thinking of sponsorship, would you not rather put it into a ENGLISH rider, say Lambert ?

Nah, prefer sponsoring aussies and kiwis :t:

Edited by RH92

I reckon bombers gonna struggle at rye, he would have loved the ota

He would of - but if what I'm told is correct, he wanted mega money that only Rye would offer him.

He would of - but if what I'm told is correct, he wanted mega money that only Rye would offer him.

Always been one of the highest earners in the EL.

Flat wage like Scott Nichols?

Heard that no other team could get near what he is getting paid & will be on a very good bonus if they get to the play offs, more if they make the final & more still if they win it.

Nothing wrong with incentives on my eyes though so fair play to Bomber.

• Like 1

Heard that no other team could get near what he is getting paid & will be on a very good bonus if they get to the play offs, more if they make the final & more still if they win it.

Nothing wrong with incentives on my eyes though so fair play to Bomber.

Lets hope they can afford him, pay him and still be running next season.

I understand why the Promotors have done what they've done this season, but i'm still worried about how it's going to pan out over the season.

I look at Somerset moving up a league. But it really is a sideways move, if not down, in quality. Are these riders going to be wanting more money than last season? Just because we've moved up a league? Are the prices going to go up for the fans in all aspects of attending? Are we going to be more entertained than the last few seasons and get better value for money?

As it stands...we have 2 heat leaders who averaged just over 6.00 points a meeting last season in the top tier. The third, just under 6.00.

The middle order riders just under 5 points.

Looking at the team based on approx. averages from last season, in which they actually scored and giving the two reserves 7.00 between them, then the total points average scored would be approx. 35.00 points per meeting.

The standard has dropped immensely.

I'm intrigued to how it will work out. There will definitely be more local derbies and less distance to travel to away meetings...perhaps the thinking behind the move 'up'.

Lets hope they can afford him, pay him and still be running next season.

I understand why the Promotors have done what they've done this season, but i'm still worried about how it's going to pan out over the season.

I look at Somerset moving up a league. But it really is a sideways move, if not down, in quality. Are these riders going to be wanting more money than last season? Just because we've moved up a league? Are the prices going to go up for the fans in all aspects of attending? Are we going to be more entertained than the last few seasons and get better value for money?

As it stands...we have 2 heat leaders who averaged just over 6.00 points a meeting last season in the top tier. The third, just under 6.00.

The middle order riders just under 5 points.

Looking at the team based on approx. averages from last season, in which they actually scored and giving the two reserves 7.00 between them, then the total points average scored would be approx. 35.00 points per meeting.

The standard has dropped immensely.

I'm intrigued to how it will work out. There will definitely be more local derbies and less distance to travel to away meetings...perhaps the thinking behind the move 'up'.

The plan is to have one big league ASAP & like you say some teams will be touch & go on whether they can afford the team they are putting out.

I can't see fans coming flocking back but something had to be done & despite all the bull about getting the top riders back it isn't going to happen.

Apart from Chris Holder there was no other top rider who wanted to ride here with the Poles bringing in their restrictions.

• Like 1

Apart from Chris Holder there was no other top rider who wanted to ride here with the Poles bringing in their restrictions.

Doyle? Lindgren? ?

Not with a team I meant Steve, sorry if that didn't come across that way.

Makes sense now CR :t:

Have they released the prices for next season yet?

Is entrance fee and programme costs going to go up? Is parking going to increase?

Not sure how it could be justified, as it's just Premiership by name...quality of rider is just the same as last season imo.

Next season's prices are here; http://somersetrebels.co/ticketoffice.php

Next season's prices are here; http://somersetrebels.co/ticketoffice.php

Ah right missed those...thank you.

Am I right in saying Adults have gone up a £1?

For some reason I thought OAP's were a tenner last season? That's what I thought I'd paid for my father last time. Open to correction. Mind has gone blank.

Ah right missed those...thank you.

Am I right in saying Adults have gone up a £1?

For some reason I thought OAP's were a tenner last season? That's what I thought I'd paid for my father last time. Open to correction. Mind has gone blank.

from 2015 for 2016

Match-night general admission prices remain unchanged from the 2015 campaign of £15.00 (adults), £13.00 (concessions), £4.00 (young adults 12-18 inclusive) and children 11 and under admitted free of charge if accompanied by a paying adult.

• Like 1