British Speedway Forum

Basically bjerre and king are both better than any of the Somerset line up.

Think I remember King going to Somerset last year and scored 3 in a meeting.

Regardless he should beat them around Brandon.

In all fairness he did withdraw from the meeting. The other he scored 12.

not bad since he only completed 1 heat.....
  • Like 1

This the same Bjerre who couldn't even get an Elite place last season? And a Searjant who plenty of Coventry fans didn't want? Bates similar to a rider who finished nearly a point over him and can top score for his country in his first British season?

the bjerre who got within a ride of qualifying for the gp series, who performed well in sweden and Poland, and ranked in the top 20-30 riders in the world? Yep that's the one I mean.

I reckon more bees fans are happy with sarj than rebels fans happy with Graversen.

• Like 1

This the same Bjerre who couldn't even get an Elite place last season? And a Searjant who plenty of Coventry fans didn't want? Bates similar to a rider who finished nearly a point over him and can top score for his country in his first British season?

Nobody wanted Bjerre? Try again! Bjerre didn't want the EL as the format as it was meant riding against heat leaders every race but still being paid the same as before. He could ride in heats of the same standard in Poland and Sweden for more money. Nothing wrong with Sarj either when you compare him to other 5-6 point men tbh - Jake Allen is the only rider I'd swap him for but I'm not disappointed to have Sarj - hopefully not having Havvy banging on about vendettas from referees will help his starting

Edited by SCB

That Somerset team will do OK, they should be good at home. They have a chance of winning away at Belle Vue & Swndon, they wont get pulverised at Poole or Coventry, where some teams will. They will get pulverised at Rye House & Wolves, if CVS picks the right team. At Saddlebow Rd, I'm not sure.

so lets have a free programme, don't want lots of photo's and info you can get on line, just a race card.

Don't know why you're worried about that Howard, you're never there to buy one these days :t::P

Edited by womble53
  • Like 3

That Somerset team will do OK, they should be good at home. They have a chance of winning away at Belle Vue & Swndon, they wont get pulverised at Poole or Coventry, where some teams will. They will get pulverised at Rye House & Wolves, if CVS picks the right team. At Saddlebow Rd, I'm not sure.

I think somerset will struggle at Poole, the only team to not lose by 10 points or more last season at Poole was BV when they won. They will get smashed on that first weekend at least 15 points IMO.

I'm not going to get into this comparing sides and "my team is better than yours" lark, but Allen and Tungate I think are fantastic signings again for Somerset. Allen was a revelation last season and has the potential to really kick on and could end the season with a 7+ average. Not saying that he will, but he could. I'm actually amazed he hasn't landed a spot in the lower league yet, unless it just hasn't been announced or because of visa related issues. Some comments made about Tungate not being a big heat winner when needed - he was however exactly that on many occasions for us. So many times he would fly out the start at home in the big races when he was needed and I can recall from the live updates him winning several big races away. I think once he's got the bit between his teeth he will come good for you.

Win, lose or draw when you have the best race track in the country like we do - we are going to be served up some cracking speedway. We have 6 out and out racers for around the OTA who won't ever disapoint in that respect.

• Like 4

Win, lose or draw when you have the best race track in the country like we do - we are going to be served up some cracking speedway. We have 6 out and out racers for around the OTA who won't ever disapoint in that respect.

A good track, yes, but inferior to Belle Vues.

• Like 2

In what way, appart from size ?

In what way, appart from size ?

In just about every way.

• Like 1

In just about every way.

Elaborate then.

Every other track in the UK is inferior to the Belle Vue one.

• Like 5

Every other track in the UK is inferior to the Belle Vue one.

Thats a very weird statement to make. Steve says one thing but cannot elaborate and you come out with this, something not right there..

Edited by Starman2006