British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

If hall couldn't ride for Birmingham because his average was too high from previous seasons 10 + years previous then hurry surely should fall into the same category.

Exactly true. A precedent was set but now it's been ignored (again).

I appreciate its legal because of the averages Halifaxtiger but Lakeside haven't decided Paul Hurry's average. The authorities and the league coordinator are responsible for validating and verifying the averages. I enjoy reading your posts as i can see you're a fair minded fan, as am I, and even I'm hard pushed to fathom how 7.66 has been calculated but this is for Mr Morrish to clarify, not Cook.

I agree that Morrish is the man behind this, but surely Cook has an obligation to explain this to his customers. It's not just a few fans who have questioned this, lots have and several promoters have.

Edited by Islander15

All a bit of a mess.

Spooner appears in the lakeside declared team on today's greensheets issue.

Kent maintain Spooner is still under contract to them, and say Lakeside have NOT signed Spooner.

Now in the last few minutes the bspa have tweeted referring to Spooner as a guest.

Clear as muck...

• Like 1

All a bit of a mess.

Spooner appears in the lakeside declared team on today's greensheets issue.

Kent maintain Spooner is still under contract to them, and say Lakeside have NOT signed Spooner.

Now in the last few minutes the bspa have tweeted referring to Spooner as a guest.

Clear as muck...

Add to that Lakeside's press release suggesting that Spooner is a injury replacement! Possibly only for this weekend. Total mess.

Bottom line is that we have Paul Hurry in our side even though most of us wonder how his average was calculated to achieve it. We now

have the 3 best heat leaders in the league and other clubs will struggle to contain us...see Stoke last night...Hope it has the desired effect

of bringing in more paying customers.

I would rather give Paul Hurry credit for getting back on a bike in his forties, after the terrible injuries he has had in the past. He deserved a reduction for his time out of the saddle in my opinion. Don't forget Lindback got his average reduced last year, in very different circumstances.

Can see why lakeside fans dont wanna go and watch that every week. Boring. Gate n go. Well done lakeside thou, be suprised if either team finish top 4 thou.

Can see why lakeside fans dont wanna go and watch that every week. Boring. Gate n go. Well done lakeside thou, be suprised if either team finish top 4 thou.

Most afternoon meetings are like that at Lakeside, evening meetings have been pretty good so far.
  • Like 1

I would rather give Paul Hurry credit for getting back on a bike in his forties, after the terrible injuries he has had in the past. He deserved a reduction for his time out of the saddle in my opinion. Don't forget Lindback got his average reduced last year, in very different circumstances.

He didn't ride in the NL though. Two meetings in and Hurry is already showing that the figure he was given is too low.

He didn't ride in the NL though. Two meetings in and Hurry is already showing that the figure he was given is too low.

Exactly. But is not just too low, it's illegitimate. Having said that, when was the last time a 7 point rider hit a maximum on his home debut at any level? Edited by Islander15

Any news of George Hunter's 'injury'? I hope it isn't serious.

Or maybe, he just has the same 'doctor' as David Mason had the other week? ;)