British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Decent crowd again at rye tonight, plenty of (ex?) hammers fans in attendance. Let's hope some of them turn up tomorrow.

I was going to give rye a try this season but I've not read good reports about the racing so couldn't really be bothered to do the drive.

Spoke to some guys who were there last night - absolutely dire, a gater's paradise. At least Arena produces alternate racing lines.

• Like 1

Slick Mr Richter prepares a superb concrete bowl over there. It's just a shame they race speedway bikes on it!

It is a shame they do not have a good track curator at Rye,s,,Since he has been gone the lads have done a good job at Lakeside despite there being less dirt than there was for Elite league racing which is understandable at this level,,

Seen a few digs on twitter and now these messages having a pop at Rye House. Seems the negativity continues to grow at Lakeside :cry:

I went yesterday and not the greatest track, but checkout You-Tube and see Heat 1 between Kennett and Harris! There were a few good heats.

Facing a team that hadn't been beaten for 10 matches and lacking match fitness there was only going to be one winner.

I'm pleased to say I'm enjoying my speedway. After the previous several years that is a god-send. It's a better stadium. There is much better viewing. The atmosphere is better. It is cheaper than last year. Maybe it's the better viewing but the racing is better. There is no contempt for fans - withholding information,making false promises or lying to fans. There is a sense of belonging and Steve Jensen seems a genuine guy.

• Like 2

Well I've been to every meeting at rye this season, and the majority of the races have been follow the leader, Chris Harris Being the exception to the rule. It must be as frustrating for the riders as it is for the fans having a one line track. Or maybe you are as star struck as the rest of the fans that think it's wonderful over there.

• Like 2

Having been going to speedway since the 70's one thing I'm not is star struck about speedway in the UK.

Ive been to all but one this season and I never said it was wonderful but It's better in every way than Lakeside.

• Like 1

Seen a few digs on twitter and now these messages having a pop at Rye House. Seems the negativity continues to grow at Lakeside :cry:

I went yesterday and not the greatest track, but checkout You-Tube and see Heat 1 between Kennett and Harris! There were a few good heats.

Facing a team that hadn't been beaten for 10 matches and lacking match fitness there was only going to be one winner.

I'm pleased to say I'm enjoying my speedway. After the previous several years that is a god-send. It's a better stadium. There is much better viewing. The atmosphere is better. It is cheaper than last year. Maybe it's the better viewing but the racing is better. There is no contempt for fans - withholding information,making false promises or lying to fans. There is a sense of belonging and Steve Jensen seems a genuine guy.

Really ? This is how a poster on the Rye House -v- Swindon thread saw it :-

Jenson your a joke of a promoter.

Your stadium's a mess, your manager's a joke & your team!!!

Who ever is advising you you need to not listen!

Employ someone who knows what they are doing or lose your club

Yeah really FFS. I read that and thought what a twit as I imagine most people did.

But hey if you want to think otherwise you go ahead.

Yeah really FFS. I read that and thought what a twit as I imagine most people did.

But hey if you want to think otherwise you go ahead.

Not thinking anything as I wasn't there, just pointing out that not everybody shares your opinion.

If you're enjoying it at Rye and it's better than Lakeside then happy days Kev Iam pleased for you. I am enjoying myself watching Lakeside this year and I never thought I would be saying that as I was 100% dead against National League racing but it's much better than it was last time I saw it. Iam glad I gave it ago as Lakeside are my team and hopefully will be for a long time with or without Cook, I personally was going to give Rye ago but just couldn't go and support another team in the end.

• Like 3

Understand how you feel, Liam, Most fans are followers of one club and find it hard to switch loyalties. I am a bit fortunate in that, although a Hammers

fan from the days of yore, I can enjoy good speedway even when the Hammers are not running. Switched to Hackney when West Ham closed and loved it

there. Nowadays I do Lakeside for most meetings but also add the odd meeting at Eastie and Kent as they are not too far away. Have been to Rye House

this year, but strangely enough I find myself preferring the National League.

• Like 2