British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Don't forget many of the other top youngsters coming though this year, their are still quite a few out their who have not been signed yet

Such as? Think that most of the top talent has been signed but not announced.

Well Brennan, Jenkins & Lawlor are confirmed. Bickley is committed to Belle Vuentry & i would be staggered if Atkins isn't at Plymouth.

Well Brennan, Jenkins & Lawlor are confirmed. Bickley is committed to Belle Vuentry & i would be staggered if Atkins isn't at Plymouth.

i gather we are talking henry not tony :lol:

• Like 1

13.54 left Dugard 4.28 + Cottam 4.70 + R.Andrews 4.26 = 13.24 ? Would mean one constantly at reserve which could prove powerful?

Cough cough Brum

But they already have Tom Brennan so it could well mean 2 of them at reserve which I think is excessive,

I would rather have a stronger no 4 and another young reserve.

Kelsey 4.26 + 3.00 pointer leaving 6.28 for No 4. Problem is I can only see 3 Candidates, Danny Phillips, Lee Dicken and Lee Smart all of which I suspect are in other peoples plans. We might have to go with what you suggest but if we are going to be a point under the limit we could well have had Kyle Hughes so I can only imagine Martin has dug somebody up who was not around last year.

Edited by Hunters
  • Like 1

Ive heard hopwood is going to kent!

Same!

Maybe he means permanently, so my guess is Cradley. But he is from Manchester so maybe BV.

Pretty sure Ben struggled to get his wages when he guested for the Colts, so can't see him going there tbh. I did think he would be at Kent but I saw him post on FB when someone suggested he rode at Lakeside nxt year that that was too far away.
  • Like 1

Richard Andrews to Plymouth, the list of possibilities is diminishing.

It is becoming difficult to find a suitable fit.

Looking most likely Dugard, Cotham and Powell ( or Harris). If we're not outgunned too much at the top end will have a strong middle/ lower order. Won't be looking foward to heat's 13 and 15 like last year, but the damage hopefully will be done in the earlier heats. Again probably be very hard to beat at home, if Baseby and Coles raise their game like Jake Knight and Perks did last year will be ok. If that's the team looks as though team spirit will be really good again next year which counts for a lot as well.

Edited by gazzac

I will be amazed if cotthams in the side, so much promise amongst the 4 so far .

I think you are right, Kelsey must be a certainty he could get into the 5's next season but that leaves 9.26 and try as I might I cannot see how to use that balance wisely. Might go with Luke Harris at No 7 if we could find a good No 4 on 5.3 but I can't see one. We should not go in a point below limit, It's going to be hard enough cancelling out the advantage of already top heavy teams like Cradley, Mildenhall,Lakeside and IOW.

That's why I would pass over both Cottham and Charley Powell.

the other option is a 4pointer and another 3point rider and then another pretty high 6/7 point rider

But there are only 3 of them that I can see at 6.5 area Scott Campos Danny Phillips and Jack Smith. We could not get any of them. This team building is a very tricky job this year on 39 poinys.