British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

So far I cant see anyone except mildenhall who may have set up a team which can challenge us and of course Birmingham with their strong top 4 riders

Im not sold on the Mildenhall side i think Eastbourne & Cradley look the standout teams so far although i suspect Belle Vuentry will be strong also if they get Bewley, Smith & Bickley.

Eastbourne look to be the only side that will constantly have a strong reserve pairing which is a proven winning formula.

• Like 1

That looks a really solid line up, with every rider capable of upping their average which is the name of the game.( Birmingham 2015/16!) Only time will tell, but I'd rather start the year with a team like this who can build together, apart from Adam's 'rustyness' , there is no unknown quantity with the others. Just hope we don't have the disaster of a first meeting like we had last year, and they all stay safe. (That's all riders stay safe! ).

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

4.48 confirmed on Facebook

That's 0.73 remaining but if he regains his pre injury form looks a 5 plus rider, so no problem with that. Think it forced them a bit with the reduction to 39 points, and also recon a lot of the teams will be light of the 39 points when they're fully assembled.

Like the new signing with obvious risks attached, however could quite easily be the biggest improver on the team, if not the league.

At this early stage I like Mildenhall's and Cradley's teams along with a very solid looking Eagles. Brum could be top heavy but hard to beat in latter part of meetings. Isle of Wight not bad either, Lakeside potentially very top heavy. The rest not too sure about.

All in all, the National League looks in rude health and set for another good season.

Season's greetings to all.

I think this could be eastbournes year with the hometrwck advantage.

Won 4 out of 5 finals they've got a good record and I think their team all has potential to up their avergafes

I like the look of both Cradley and Eastbourne. Brum all dependant on their next two signings. Problem mildenhall will face is they're going to have a very weak bottom end and I mean extremely weak once Jenkins goes to number 4.

With verge then moving to 2, ruddick isn't really more than a number 6/7 and I can't see any other reserve that can be either so actually they have verge/ruddick/3pointer all contesting for the reserve spot very much like Kent 2 seasons ago and we saw how that ended...

• Like 1

Congratulations for being judged Programme of the year 2016.

A superb production from a NL Club.

Well done.

:t:

• Like 3

Congratulations for being judged Programme of the year 2016.

A superb production from a NL Club.

Well done.

:t:

I would have disqualified it on the grounds that to be eligible any programme must be regularly availble prior to the advertised start time and not regularly selling out half an hour before the start because the print run is so ridiculously small.

I would have disqualified it on the grounds that to be eligible any programme must be regularly availble prior to the advertised start time and not regularly selling out half an hour before the start because the print run is so ridiculously small.

It's almost as if they don't want to print too many and make a loss on printing costs.