British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

It's pretty obvious within NL speedway if a rider isn't performing at Eastbourne they will look st other options

I have no doubt that this Eastbourne side could go out and conquer all but it could wobble a bit?

Baseby - Capable of beating the best riders in the league when applied but can go missing & will go down at the slightest touch

Dugard - Potential has been evident for years but progress has been slower than expected

Coles - Super quick when in the mood but machinery is often a problem (Dugards ma be the answer) will he have one eye on PL meetings the following day though?

Extance - Bargain average if he returns to anywhere near his potential. Could be first out the door if he doesn't set the ground running.

Wood - A natural motorcyling talent from a young age. Could well have the number 1 jacket by season end but temprement a concern.

Powell - Still awkward on a bike. Lacks speedway basics but has plenty of speed. A potent threat but also a potent hazard.

Brennan - Similar build up as Kelsey. Ability is evident, will be monitored and restrained by the Dugard family which is a plus. May lack size to cope with grippy tracks?

All of the above are opinions not fact.

Pretty good analysis all round really, should make it an interesting season though.

• Like 1

I do think they could well be title contenders especially if Birmingham don't have a strong reserve, so far Eastbourne definitely have the strongest bottom 3/4

It's still a fairly strong top 3 coles could easily finish on 8.5 as can wood and Baseby

I think we will be the best strength in depth team, and once Baseby, Extance and Coles get dialled into Arlington will again be hard to beat at home and hopefully the middle/ lower order can negate the big hitting heat leaders scores home and away. Be some tense heat 13 and 15 though unlike last year when you expected Adam Ellis etc to finish the match off. Even with Ellis, Perks, Knight and Wood, our top heavy team still couldn't beat Birmingham when it mattered, so I'm really pleased with the makeup given the points limit.

But weakest top 3 so evens it up for me.

wouldn't say it's weakest top 3 coles and wood have plenty of improvement in them wood especially could be an out and out number 1 by the seasons end.

I think Wood will end up the Eagles' number 1 and at a top level across the league but as a heat leader trio it's not particularly strong when nearly every other team has built top heavy. Nevertheless it's probably the strongest bottom end in the league and should comfortably make the play-offs.

Edited by Islander15

Not saying its weak, just feel its the weakest top 3 out the top teams, name a team where u think ur top 3 is better than Alex.

I think you av a good team thou.

Not saying its weak, just feel its the weakest top 3 out the top teams, name a team where u think ur top 3 is better than Alex.

I think you av a good team thou.

Bellevuentry baces I'd say. Haha

Bellevuentry baces I'd say. Haha

Good point.....for now. It does seem bizarre to say that Eastbourne have the weakest top 3 though. I feel like there are probably a few weaker on balance although those teams do have an out and out number one which Eastie don't. Frustratingly though the Eagles have an excellent track record and i think the way the team is built is the right way to go.