British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Seems strange! If he has broken bones in both hands how can he control a bike? In any case surely they should rest him for the next 3 meetings when Tom can stand in. Kelsey could then come back much fitter at reserve at the end of May.

After last night's performance Coles has got to go. Watching Jake Knight go around after the match makes you realise just what we are missing. I noticed Georgie Wood doing the victory lap around the Stock Car track and watching Jake intently. I have little doubt the switch will happen in the next few days but who else goes?

It can only be Kelsey which might explain his attitude last night. The problem is that only leaves Charley and a 3 pointer at reserve. Charley is not looking very good at present and I would have preferred Kelsey at reserve but he is just .02 over the remaining limit.

A difficult situation but we must bite the bullet and get rid of Coles if we are to make that top four.

I think that's a bit harsh on Powell his average being 4.05 and taking all meetings into account his average currently is:

Lakeside away 3+1 from 4

Lakeside home 6+3 from 4

Plymouth away 6+3 from 4

Cradley home 6+2 from 4

Mildenhall home 2 from 5

Giving him an average with bonus points 5.71

Giving him an average without bonus points 4.38

Or just league meetings his avg is 6

I think that's a bit harsh on Powell his average being 4.05 and taking all meetings into account his average currently is:

Lakeside away 3+1 from 4

Lakeside home 6+3 from 4

Plymouth away 6+3 from 4

Cradley home 6+2 from 4

Mildenhall home 2 from 5

Giving him an average with bonus points 5.71

Giving him an average without bonus points 4.38

Or just league meetings his avg is 6

Agree, think he's also been a bit unlucky with a couple of ref's decisions and last week was in a pile up because of a mistake by Wood in front of him.

Yep, I would agree aswell, has not had much luck this season so far with regards too decisions going against him and being taken out quite a few times already.

Does anyone know the name of the lad that had No 89 on his bike before and after the meeting.

He looked very promising, slowed a little approaching turns 1 & 3 then opened up and went full bore round the bend, pretty fast and stylish.

The bike sounded more like 250cc than 150cc. It was obvious from his size that he was young but when he took his helmet off I was surprised to see he looked like 6 or 7.

Definitely one to watch for the future. We seem to be bringing a lot of these lads on.

• Like 1

Well it is the point of the club moving down so we could bring through youngsters. Plus if they are getting advice from Martin then they should be successful.

Why oh why do the meetings drag on so long at Eastbourne? They seem to take forever. Can they not do something to speed up things. Think I'm going to give Lakeside a visit see if they do there matches any quicker. Have to admit we were a bit bored last night. The most exciting race heat 15 Mark Baseby real race to the flag

I would say Hopwood is guest on Saturday for Coles... how nice to have some certainty in the number 3 if he is

Edited by Al3x200

Does anyone know the name of the lad that had No 89 on his bike before and after the meeting.

He looked very promising, slowed a little approaching turns 1 & 3 then opened up and went full bore round the bend, pretty fast and stylish.

The bike sounded more like 250cc than 150cc. It was obvious from his size that he was young but when he took his helmet off I was surprised to see he looked like 6 or 7.

Definitely one to watch for the future. We seem to be bringing a lot of these lads on.

I believe he is called sonny springer and he is 8 on a 150cc

Why oh why do the meetings drag on so long at Eastbourne? They seem to take forever. Can they not do something to speed up things. Think I'm going to give Lakeside a visit see if they do there matches any quicker. Have to admit we were a bit bored last night. The most exciting race heat 15 Mark Baseby real race to the flag

Virtually two hours dead last night which seems par for the course at many tracks I go too these days.

Lots of incidents too last night, which don't help. Four tapes offences and a number of other re-runs eat up the time.

Tighter timings on the interval would help. Get track staff back in place before the grading ends.

Eastie are spoilt with brennan at reserve, powell is at least the equal of half the reserves in the league, sadly he looks like falling off every race mind you.

He doesn't look like falling off, just getting taken out loads so far this season, should really be on a higher average from his performances.

I believe he is called sonny springer and he is 8 on a 150cc

Thanks for that. I had looked for 89 in the youth championships without success but I see he uses No 12 in the 125cc class. Probably has two bikes as there is no 150cc champ this year .

Virtually two hours dead last night which seems par for the course at many tracks I go too these days.

Lots of incidents too last night, which don't help. Four tapes offences and a number of other re-runs eat up the time.

Tighter timings on the interval would help. Get track staff back in place before the grading ends.

Two hours isn't excessive. A little longer than normal but not unacceptable.

I did think, though, that the interval was longer than necessary.