British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I think one you can, but think two maybe different. What is amazing is I've been going for about 20 years and I'm not sure, neither is stevec who's been posting on here for years, just one of the problems with speedway, bad enough to get your head around it for us, newbies won't have a clue! Still think what I posted previously is correct though.

Yeah that's right.

If you're over the points limit (which Eastbourne will be) you can only replace riders like for like. You can't take 2 riders out and add their averages together, as you'd need to move back under the points limit.

So to bring back knight we would have to drop Coles and another eg dugard? Unless Coles manages to up his average to 8.56 in next two meetings?

• Like 1

So to bring back knight we would have to drop Coles and another eg dugard? Unless Coles manages to up his average to 8.56 in next two meetings?

Before the averages change, yes. No chance will you be able to accommodate Knight for Coles afterwards.

Reading Connor Dugard's comments it looks like they will not be making the re-declaration some of us had speculated.

That,s a shame because I really can't see the present team as a threat to the likes of Belle Vue. Jake knight returning would have made all the difference.

Having made a bad substitute mistake in the Mildenhall match we will have to face up to a non trophy year this year but I guess it is our turn. Should still have some good home meetings but I think away will be our Achilles Heel.

Think baring injuries BV should win the league and ko cup as they will win at home by large figures, half due to bike set up on such a power track Don't think we'll be beaten at home again which probably means we'll make the playoffs. Only faint hope is apart from Brennen and to a degree Wood, the rest of the team still haven't quite hit their stride yet. If all 7 ride at their best in one day at Arlington a 15 point plus lead over anyone including BV isn't out of the question, and as usual injuries will have a say for most teams . Anyway I think we'll make the playoffs, then who knows.

Edited by gazzac

What the hell, how you say only Tom and Geargie have got going when Mark Baseby has been their scoring good points last two meetings.

What the hell, how you say only Tom and Geargie have got going when Mark Baseby has been their scoring good points last two meetings.

Point taken and wasn't knocking any of the team, not saying he hasn't done well but you still think there's a bit more to come especially at home, and if there is and the same happens with the other's, who knows then.

Also take into consideration that come the play offs, some riders will rise to the pressure rides, others will feel the pressure.

At this stage of the season it's just about being in the top 4.

Eastbourne will always be hard to beat at Arlington so realistically 3 or 4 away wins should get you the play offs no problem.

If 3 or four wins away gets us to the play offs we have had a good start as we won at Plymouth so we are 1/4 of the way.

Not sure about the team, maybe as the last few years we always have had a change with at least 3 members of the team

well i am sure someone is out there thinking outside the box for a change..

If 3 or four wins away gets us to the play offs we have had a good start as we won at Plymouth so we are 1/4 of the way.

Not sure about the team, maybe as the last few years we always have had a change with at least 3 members of the team

well i am sure someone is out there thinking outside the box for a change..

More difficult this year with 39 point limit and no high average in the initial declaration. That is why the 4 match deadline, now 27th May (with the KL postponement) is so important. After that only like for like is feasible not a re- shuffle.

I don't think we need a re- shuffle anyway, just a quality No1.

More difficult this year with 39 point limit and no high average in the initial declaration. That is why the 4 match deadline, now 27th May (with the KL postponement) is so important. After that only like for like is feasible not a re- shuffle.

I don't think we need a re- shuffle anyway, just a quality No1.

By the end of May we will have one, all be it a young one!

Having thought about it, with Tom at 1, assume Bates at 2, perhaps Coles and Wood at 3/4 and Baseby at 5, Powell and Dugard at reserve, still looks a pretty strong team, especially if Dugard and Coles can raise their game.

Edited by gazzac

Why is KL postponed?

Eastbourne have said they can't get any medical cover at the meeting next week.
  • Like 1

Too right. That pass of Halsey is the best ride I have seen at Arlington in a very long time.