British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I've just been told that this Saturdays meeting has been called off due to lack of medical cover, is this true?

Neither club website nor the BSPA website have made any mention of it.

I've just been told that this Saturdays meeting has been called off due to lack of medical cover, is this true?

Correct, it was announced Saturday. I an sure I saw it on website as well?

It is great to see that the British u21 team in 3 years could see

Lambert

Bewley

Brennan

Jenkins

Bickley

The only thing I fear for Jenkins and brennan is their location. With the championship being basically a northern league + ipswich they won't have the opportunists to ride as Bickley does who seems to get to ride everywhere? Maybe Ipswich reserve pairing of brennan and Jenkins.

Just maybe they will be setting the world alight in the Speedway World Cup in a few years! (with JPB)

Thanks Stevec

Yes, I've just looked at the fixture list on the Eastbourne website and it says OFF.

Unfortunately I tend to look at my own clubs website(King's Lynn), and as I type this, it doesn't mention that the meeting is off, in fact the fixtures list still shows it as being on.

I'm finally through with travelling to anymore away meetings, it's just to much money down the drain,

Thanks Stevec

Yes, I've just looked at the fixture list on the Eastbourne website and it says OFF.

Unfortunately I tend to look at my own clubs website(King's Lynn), and as I type this, it doesn't mention that the meeting is off, in fact the fixtures list still shows it as being on.

I'm finally through with travelling to anymore away meetings, it's just to much money down the drain,

I said the same last year and didn't travel as much. as the year before. I will be travelling a bit more this year but will make last minute decisions based on weather being a dead cert and two decent looking line ups being announced.

Must admit, I do like trips to KL as the tracks are so different.

I said the same last year and didn't travel as much. as the year before. I will be travelling a bit more this year but will make last minute decisions based on weather being a dead cert and two decent looking line ups being announced.

Must admit, I do like trips to KL as the tracks are so different.

£177 the hotel has cost me, so I'll still have to go. Add to that the cost of fuel etc., absolute shambles.

I've been told it's through lack of medical cover, which I find hard to believe, as the fixture has always been on the list for that date, to the best of my knowledge. VERY UNHAPPY...and BROKE!!

It was announced during the interval on Saturday. The lack of medical cover has a touch of the Lynn v eagles high winds postponement from a couple of weeks ago!

On the Eastbourne club website from Saturday night. All over Eastbourne's social media on Monday.

Jake Knight on FB: "2017 covers all designed. at the moment I can not say which team I have signed for

But I am looking for sponsors to be part of the team for this year. If you or your company, also a company you may know would like to help out and be part of the team this year get in touch no matter how big or smaller contribution you would like to make all would be very much appreciated.

Thank you. Please share would be all a massive help thank you."

Yeah they did give him his first chance and is local track so would make sense if he did sign for them.

Just a bit wierd he can't say who if the deal is done as it's kings Lynn as they dont need to change the team about do they? Which makes me think it's not them

I suppose may not be a NL league side? Is a championship side in desperate need of a 2 pointer?

Edited by gazzac

Just a bit wierd he can't say who if the deal is done as it's kings Lynn as they dont need to change the team about do they? Which makes me think it's not them

The same could be said about the IOW so maybe he cannot be announced until somebody has been told they have been dropped.

Hope for the eagles yet ??

The same could be said about the IOW so maybe he cannot be announced until somebody has been told they have been dropped.

Hope for the eagles yet ??

Or waiting to find a 3 pointer. I hope it's eagles but I have my doubts

My thoughts:

Knight and Dugard to IOW; Greaves and Mullins out of IOW why he can't announce as he's waiting for Govier avg to drop to 3

Coles to kings lynn with Shane hazelden

Perks to Eastbourne with an older rider coming in on a 3.5 avg

Greaves to Buxton to replace perks?