British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Hunters is on his way to IOW for Thursday's meeting...Must be walking all the way.

Actually a 5 day break at Warners Bembridge coast. The only way I could get to see the meeting and keep her indoors quiet. Even then she ain't happy about missing Thursday night dinner.

Bailey may lack the home track knowledge but you can cover that at Arlington. Where he will make the difference is away from home, having that extra Heat leader takes pressure from using rr.

After a meeting that left us with not much to talk about but alot to think about all i can think about is Drew Kemps win over bowen. Not only a brilliant ride but great composure to hold it together with pressure behind. Certainly a catch for mildenhall next season.

Well what can i say i went to kent as i always do and was dissapointed with our performance, Kemp was a star with his ride against Bowen, Brennan looked to have a better meeting then he normally does, Powell looked as if he hates the place, Bates was poor and i mean poor can only describe him as a snail, Wood was good in one race and that was him over for the rest of the meeting. Knight had mechanical problems but no excuse to be excluded on 2 minutes with other bikes in the pits to use. Bacon was fantastic guest just a shame the team did not all come to the part together but again a reality check.

Makes the Top 4 harder to get into the play offs but need a good win at IOW on thusday, the only good thing was that Belle Vue lost at cradley which make our defeat a little easier to swallow.

come next weekend will show us how the tables will finish as we will almost be there with all the mathmatics.

You cant have riders underperform at places like kent and get away with it.

Bad day at the office

Bates was beyond appalling

An excellent crowd at Kent yesterday, followed by another big one at rye. What a pleasure to go to two meetings that were really well attended.

Was it that Eagles' riders under-performed, or did the Kings excel themselves ?? I note that no one seems to give them credit

I suppose all the Kent fans should be posting on their own section.Seems not much comment considering it was such a good performance.

I think it was a bad day in the office for the Eagles with knight having mechanical problem but also Bates Powell not really on the pace, Kent team did ride well and a great effort for them. The biggest problem i can see for Kent that the away performances this year have let them down and i have a feeling they may not make the playoffs.

Same as Mildenhall great side at home but again struggled for away performances. Kent has a star in Rowe but if he is not carefull he will be a one track wonder same as Jack Thomas.

Apart from that rant i am looking forward to the play offs.

I think jacks one of those riders that is very good on the 'slick' and mediocre on the 'grippy' Ines

I have watched riders over the last 20 years who go stale very quickly to name a few Barker, Dugard, Norris, they had spent too long on the smaller tracks as in Oxofrd and Eastbourne.

The exception is Nikki when he roder at Eastbourne and become world champ during that time. but i guess thats because he was racing on the bigger tracks like Poland and Sweden.

I think it was a bad day in the office for the Eagles with knight having mechanical problem but also Bates Powell not really on the pace, Kent team did ride well and a great effort for them. The biggest problem i can see for Kent that the away performances this year have let them down and i have a feeling they may not make the playoffs.

Same as Mildenhall great side at home but again struggled for away performances. Kent has a star in Rowe but if he is not carefull he will be a one track wonder same as Jack Thomas.

Apart from that rant i am looking forward to the play offs.

Anders has only been riding NL since May?! Jack is only in his second season and has already had his first taste of the Championship.

** and Jack has just been selected for the NLRC!

Edited by whistlegang

I have watched riders over the last 20 years who go stale very quickly to name a few Barker, Dugard, Norris, they had spent too long on the smaller tracks as in Oxofrd and Eastbourne.

The exception is Nikki when he roder at Eastbourne and become world champ during that time. but i guess thats because he was racing on the bigger tracks like Poland and Sweden.

Nikki was Nikki and as you say, in the time he was with us, alongside Crump he was just the best wherever he would have ridden. Bit unfair on the others mentioned, it was really bad injuries that finished their careers, especially Norris and Barker at the end. Well into their careers their average was normally in the upper 8's to 9, and that was when the league was truly Elite.

Don't forget Martin won the British Gp towards the end of his career, having more or less only riden for Eastbourne.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1