British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Youngsters Ready For Premiership?

Think this is really going to be the way to go tbh. Assessed or low averages, so bearing in mind a watered down'premiership' who either from abroad or Britain would be good enough?

can anyone tell me what is the total average for team building in the premier (elite) for 2017 and what was it last year please .(2016) cheers ...

can anyone tell me what is the total average for team building in the premier (elite) for 2017 and what was it last year please .(2016) cheers ...

It's 50 this year, not entirely sure last year.

i do think it was 39 something for the top 5 and fast track reserves or something like that .

not too sure of the total average for team building tho .

cheers anyhow .

i do think it was 39 something for the top 5 and fast track reserves or something like that .

cheers anyhow .

No way to small for false averages but extra incentive for the youngsters. Riders like Liam Carr and Dan Bewley to make the step up.

cheers anyhow .

This year it was 40.5 including the draft riders averages.

It's 50pts, but this years averages calculated on a riders last Premier League (now the Championship) average. Any rider who only has an Elite League average will have that increased by a factor of 1.4

I was personally impressed with Tom Bacon at last years ELRC, wasn't too far off the pace of Elite League Heat Leaders (albeit, a slightly weakened field). Not seen enough of him elsewhere to comment on whether or not he is capable of holding his own in next years premier

There is a huge risk when taking riders who have previously only ridden in one league and then subjecting them to ride in all 3. No argument that Tom Bacon was excellent this season at NL but how prepared is he or anyone else in a similar boat to switch from 40 meetings to 100+ ?

How will the rider or equipment hold up? How will the planning and Logistics work out? Could they afford to do that?

Some riders have excellent jobs outside of Speedway so would they put one career at risk to follow another?

Any rider likely to line up in the Premiership will also most likely have a Championship place also or certainly should have. Unless they opt to give NL racing a miss and throw themselves into the unknown of higher leagues only

Im all for the progress of British riders but sometimes the best interests of riders needs to be looked at in the long term rather than the immediate.

None of them are ready & should be only allowed to ride in the bottom 2 leagues.

Yet again a shocking decision that the top league will have a bearing on who can get the best 2 pointers.

Should have set the limit at 55 & had 7 decent riders in each team not just 3 rides per meeting cannon fodder😡😡

• Like 6

None of them are ready & should be only allowed to ride in the bottom 2 leagues.

Yet again a shocking decision that the top league will have a bearing on who can get the best 2 pointers.

Should have set the limit at 55 & had 7 decent riders in each team not just 3 rides per meeting cannon fodder

You mean like Ellis, Clegg and Jacobs last season.

I think all the young Brits last season improved and it was more riders like Watt, Batchelor and Schlein that struggled.

When your young, your enthusiastic and excited about giving it a go. Then the confidence flows when you beat riders every week that your not expecting to beat.

I believe the next young crop will be the same and I would be suprised if any Premiership reserve lost their place.

Also financially we have to consider promoters pockets as we do not want speedway to end at clubs just because a couple of fans want a Johnny Foreigner on a 7 average rather than a gutsy young British rider on a 2.

• Like 2

Should have set the limit at 55 & had 7 decent riders in each team not just 3 rides per meeting cannon fodder😡😡

Disagree. Teams don't need to use 2 pointers. But a lot will, which means at least they will be competitive against each other, and likely the former edr as well.

The league is unlikely to be won or lost on who has the best 2 pointer, though like any other position, how they score compared to their opposite number will have a bearing on the outcome.

• Like 1