British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Wow. I think that might scare the children!

plymouth_2017.jpg

Wtf is that? Looks like something from a third party ps2 game. Speedway really is absolutely garbage at branding.

Wtf is that? Looks like something from a third party ps2 game. Speedway really is absolutely garbage at branding.

Well, I thought it was a really angry bloke with a pair of bicycle dropped handlebars taped to the back of his head.

Allegedly, it is a picture of a certain Mr Angry from this forum, better known as .....

i gotta agree here , it's too much. it's supposed to be for a family sport not from a stephen king novel. can't wait to see the mascot though that should scare us all sh***less :mad::o:(:blink:

The mascot is pretty scary

devildrury.jpg

didn't know he was a model in the odd season as that is exactly the same

i gotta agree here , it's too much. it's supposed to be for a family sport not from a stephen king novel. can't wait to see the mascot though that should scare us all sh***less :mad::o:(:blink:

That's pretty much what I thought.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they flood Plymouth with posters with it on.

That's pretty much what I thought.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they flood Plymouth with posters with it on.

they'll have all the churches and chapels holding candlelit vigils just like when the sex pistols came to caerphilly :mad:

• Like 1

The plymouth fans like the new race jackets and do you really think it will frighten children!!!! Get a grip!

The plymouth fans like the new race jackets and do you really think it will frighten children!!!! Get a grip!

I'll get a grip if you get a sense of humour.

Deal?

• Like 1

It would be untrue to say that all of them do. The quote I got yesterday was 'awful'.

In any case, its not them that you have to worry about - its the additional people that Plymouth will be trying to attract.

As I said, it will be interesting to see what the reaction of the people of Plymouth is to that image being plastered all over the place.

One person on Facebook said that his 3 year old daughter laughed it. My response to that would be that maybe he should get a big poster done - say 6ft by 3ft - and put it up in her nursery, then all the little ones could join in the laughter.

i kind of like it... it brings a new era and a new face to the team...

the older generation will still want the original logo from back in the day i guess as its what they see as the standard logo.. it needed bringing into the 21st century i reckon..

• Like 2

i kind of like it... it brings a new era and a new face to the team...

the older generation will still want the original logo from back in the day i guess as its what they see as the standard logo.. it needed bringing into the 21st century i reckon..

I don't know how you can call this a 21st century logo? It's literally a stock photo https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-images-devil-head-image6438094 bunged on a race jacket. Nothing about this is good, it's not eye pleasing, it gives no hint to what it's actually about. Simply put, it's lazy, it's more than likely cheap and gives off a bad impression to Plymouth and speedway itself. The sad thing is you can look at the majority of mdl logo and they're absolutely miles ahead of that of Plymouth and you can add to that the Isle Of Wight!
Its rubbish like this that's put out that only makes the sport looks amateurish. It's something a whole lot of clubs need to stop skimping on and actually spend on their marketing and branding to make it a success. Again, just look at both the clubs websites, they're a mess! How can you seriously expect to attract any new fans or even sponsors when you're regularly greeted to poorly designed site that probably took an hour to throw together.

I don't know how you can call this a 21st century logo? It's literally a stock photo https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-images-devil-head-image6438094 bunged on a race jacket. Nothing about this is good, it's not eye pleasing, it gives no hint to what it's actually about. Simply put, it's lazy, it's more than likely cheap and gives off a bad impression to Plymouth and speedway itself. The sad thing is you can look at the majority of mdl logo and they're absolutely miles ahead of that of Plymouth and you can add to that the Isle Of Wight!

Its rubbish like this that's put out that only makes the sport looks amateurish. It's something a whole lot of clubs need to stop skimping on and actually spend on their marketing and branding to make it a success. Again, just look at both the clubs websites, they're a mess! How can you seriously expect to attract any new fans or even sponsors when you're regularly greeted to poorly designed site that probably took an hour to throw together.

No worse than Coventry Storm ripping off a schools logo :)

IMG_20161219_114146.jpgimage upload no limit

• Like 3