British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

What's that supposed to mean? This year's Brummie reserves didn't ride more than 3 league meetings in 2015, so as to protect their 3.00 average.

That's what I meant!

• Like 1

Heathen1984 I wish you had the facts to back up your argument as I'd hate to refer to what you say as rubbish, lawlors appearances for Buxton alone in the latter part of the year, as well as one appearance for Birmingham at Buxton equate too:

V Rye House 7. Joe Lawlor - 0,1*,3,1,3 = 8+1

V Kings Lynn 7. Joe Lawlor -- 3, 2', 1, 0, 1, 3 = 10+1

V IOW 7. Joe Lawlor -- 1, 2, 1, 3, 2, 2, 0 = 11

V Buxton 3. Joe Lawlor (G) - 1', 1, 1, 1, 3 = 7+1

V Eastbourne 6. Joe Lawlor (G) - 3, 2', 1', 2 = 8+2

44 points not including bonus / 27 rides = 1.629 x 4 = 6.518

not sure if my maths is correct again but 6.518 is even higher than 4 isn't it? I must be talking rubbish. Good one Heathen1984.

If you follow the link on the previous page you will see that Heathen1984 is correct. Lawlor averaged less than 3.5 taken across all the NL matches he rode in.

just having a look at the averages on the sgb website. Why does lawlor have a 3 point avg and sam beebee has a 4.25? Surely lawlor averaged more and they were both not in a team Decleration?

According to the excellent speedway stats his average for 2016 was 3.27

http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Rider/665

So my site (speedway-stats.co.uk) has Lawlors average from his 16 meetings for BV at 2.29 but that includes a meeting at Buxton as number 8. If you count all his meetings for every team then it's 3.27 but again, that inclues 8 meetings as a teams number 8.

Surely the figure that counts is his 2.29 from 16 meetings for BV? You coulld make it 2.36 if you take away his meetings for BV at #8.

Honestly not seeing the issue with Lawlor being a 3.

As for Sam Bebee I make it 4 meetings for Mildenhall as a declared rider averaging 4.25 but it's always difficult with the NL to know if riders are in declared teams or not as they change on a whim and the rules seem to be made up as and when someone sees fit. If you're including guest bookings then Sams average is 3.18. The fact I make Sam 4.25 from delcared meetings (and guest meetings not included) the same as the BSPA makes Lawlors 2.29 from his declared meetings the relevant figure.

Averages in declared teams here, http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2016/3

Lawlors meetings and average here http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Rider/665

Bebees meetings and average here http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Rider/670

In short, 3 and 4.25 look right to me.

Heathen1984 I wish you had the facts to back up your argument as I'd hate to refer to what you say as rubbish, lawlors appearances for Buxton alone in the latter part of the year, as well as one appearance for Birmingham at Buxton equate too:

not sure if my maths is correct again but 6.518 is even higher than 4 isn't it? I must be talking rubbish. Good one Heathen1984.

Well Done on picking just 5 of his 38 meetings :rofl:

Why not pick the 5 meetings where he totaled 3 from 18 = 0.66

Edited by SCB

Isn't it just programmed rides that count? Edited by martin_t

Isn't it just programmed rides that count?

For averages ALL rides count.

The rule where programmed rides only count is the one for determining who is eligible for heat 15.

For averages ALL rides count.

The rule where programmed rides only count is the one for determining who is eligible for heat 15.

Only your 4 programmed rides count towards your average, that's why there is a lot of kick off as to why Doyley is on a 13.4 average when the max he can get is 12

Only your 4 programmed rides count towards your average, that's why there is a lot of kick off as to why Doyley is on a 13.4 average when the max he can get is 12

No. All rides count towards GSAs.

No, Arnie is right. All rides count towards your averages but averages are multiplied by 4 to make 12.00 a maximum. Points/rides*4

You know that you are always going to get 100% from Tom and I will be very pleased to see him back. His track knowledge of Perry barr should come in handy too!

Good luck Tom. Hope you have a great season.