British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

Chris Holder

Poole, Poole,Poole,Poole. One day you will wake up and smell the coffee, Speedway as a product is sinking deeper and deeper into the smelly stuff, it needs all clubs to pull together and promote it better and make the product more attractive to would be new fans.

You clearly didn't read my posts. Did you.

I don't think it would be a bad thing for the premiership and championship to be amalgamated into one league and i wouldn't be surprised it that happens within the next couple of years.[/quote

Ipswich and Peterborough are the clubs that if moved to the Premiership would create a north south split - Matt Ford gave a hint that the Premiership could see a couple of additional teams next year?

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

Poole, Poole,Poole,Poole. One day you will wake up and smell the coffee, Speedway as a product is sinking deeper and deeper into the smelly stuff, it needs all clubs to pull together and promote it better and make the product more attractive to would be new fans.

Unfortunately a few cannot see that hyderd, they all need to improve the sport together otherwise they will wake up one year and have nothing to do on a wed evening.

• Like 1

Ah ok! So what have Poole done any different to other clubs? Building to a 60 team limit compared to 50 for the rest?

Wake up and smell the coffee, as soon as ALL clubs realise we need massive change the sooner we will move forward!

Let's face it all top league promoters get in a room together for the AGM! Matt isn't the only one in the room.

• Like 1

I don't think it would be a bad thing for the premiership and

championship to be amalgamated into one league and i wouldn't be surprised it that happens within the next couple of years.[/quote

Ipswich and Peterborough are the clubs that if moved to the Premiership would create a north south split - Matt Ford gave a hint that

the Premiership could see a couple of additional teams next year?

He did, and that would certainly help. Where the riders are coming from could be the problem..

Ah ok! So what have Poole done any different to other clubs? Building to a 60 team limit compared to 50 for the rest?

Wake up and smell the coffee, as soon as ALL clubs realise we need massive change the sooner we will move forward!

Let's face it all top league promoters get in a room together for the AGM! Matt isn't the only one in the room.

I keep telling them that and on our forum, but it falls on deaf ears. They are just moaners mate.

Edited by Starman2006

You clearly didn't read my posts. Did you.

Yes I did, you insinuated that because Poole are run well all other teams should look after themselves.You do have a point, but unfortunately we have a bspa made up of people only interested in their own skin. This has to stop and all promoters need to work together and make the product better for the viewing public and would be new fans.

• Like 1

Yes I did, you insinuated that because Poole are run well all other teams should look after themselves.You do have a point, but unfortunately we have a bspa made up of people only interested in their own skin. This has to stop and all promoters need to work together and make the product better for the viewing public and would be new fans.

I agree, but Matt does his job well, not sure i can say the same for others. So, where does the blame lay, Matt or other promotions ?

I agree, but Matt does his job well, not sure i can say the same for others. So, where does the blame lay, Matt or other promotions ?

All, before it's to late even for Poole.

• Like 1

All, before it's to late even for Poole.

Matt stands in a room with another 8-9 promotions, so Matt is the only one who gets a say right ?

Ok name one initiative the Ford has ever instigated to improve the fortunes British Speedway?

That is a rather odd statement to make as you have no idea of what ideas he may or may not have come up for promoting speedway on a marketing or advertising when he was working close with the supposed men in charge.

I think being fair, all E.L promoters in these AGM meetings would have had at least one idea to make the sport better in some way.

Edited by Joe Beevers

Matt stands in a room with another 8-9 promotions, so Matt is the only one who gets a say right ?

Wrong, they all get a say, but all of them have their own club in mind, that is why many on here would like the BSPA to be run by professional people with no connections to any of the clubs

• Like 1

Really?

Yes Bristol, Exeter, Gloucestershire, Plymouth, and Cardiff are all in a close enough range. Only problem of joining Somerset is GP practice on a Friday.

Edited by Brummie Rebel

Wrong, they all get a say, but all of them have their own club in mind, that is why many on here would like the BSPA to be run by professional people with no connections to any of the clubs

Im glad you admit that. And Matt has his own club in mind... ;)

Ah ok! So what have Poole done any different to other clubs?

Exploited every rule in the book (and then some), all to their own advantage and with absolutely no regard for the long-term impact on the sport or other clubs within the sport...................................... think that about sums it up nicely !

• Like 2

Yes but that costs money and nobody wants to pay for a independent body, probably because they feel it would hurt their business.