British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon,sheffield,belle Vue,halifax,reading. What Would Be Your Favourite Top Seven Of All Time.?

Didn't include Nordin in my Newport list as he only spent one season there-a standout in Newport's poor 1966 season however. BTW re Swedish riders-the first World final I attended was 1965 so got to see Knutsson's only win. Glad Chunky's post points out that Newport is not forgotten= "Newport has a Speedway team that is our pride and joy" "They're led by Alby Golden and he's backed by six good boys" etc etc. To the tune of John Brown's Body!!!!

These teams are my favourite five teams of all time what would your favourite top seven be for each team.? Here goes (no order)

Swindon./ 1.Briggs,2.Ashby.3.P.Crump.4.Kilby.5.Broadbank.6.Adams.7.Holloway. Sheffield.1.Airey.2.Wilson.3.Moran.4.K.Moran.5.Haley.6.Wyer.7.Valentine.

Belle Vue. 1.Mauger 2.Craven(didnt see ride) 3.Collins 4. Morton 5.Pusey 6.S.Moran 7. J.Crump.

Halifax.1.Boocock. 2.Carter 3.Younghusband 4.Janke 5.Monk 6.Sharpe 7. Cartwright.

Reading.1.Michanek. 2.Lovaas 3. Jonsson. 4.Mudge 5. Holloway. 6. Curtis 7. Glanz.

My Belle Vue team (of riders I have seen) would be - Jack Parker, Ove Fundin, Peter Craven, Eric Langton, Ivan Mauger, Peter Collins, Ron Johnston.

An interesting starter post Sidney the robin.

My Belle Vue team (of riders I have seen) would be - Jack Parker, Ove Fundin, Peter Craven, Eric Langton, Ivan Mauger, Peter Collins, Ron Johnston.

An interesting starter post Sidney the robin.

Would that side ever be beaten i doubt it😀 Edited by Sidney the robin