British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

I am sure he will learn quite abit anyway from Mattt Williamson, who is one of the best riders in the league

Well, possibly so.

But just because someone is a good rider doesn't necessarily mean that they have the ability or the inclination to be a good teacher or mentor.

I don't know Matt Williamson so I've no idea whether he is a good team player but let's hope so.

Buxton actually said that they'd continue team building when Pipe initially quit. So it's clearly a Moss signing, so I wonder how long Pioe keeps him in the team.

Jason Pipe will have to do as hes told by Jayne Moss after all the Moss family own the track and the promotion and can overule \pipe at any time.

Buxton actually said that they'd continue team building when Pipe initially quit. So it's clearly a Moss signing, so I wonder how long Pioe keeps him in the team.

Give him a chance we've not even started yet and you are talking about dropping riders which must do wonders for their confidence.

• Like 2

Give him a chance we've not even started yet and you are talking about dropping riders which must do wonders for their confidence.

That's not my personal opinion. I think Geary is a good signing on a 3.00 average and he improved well towards the end of the season.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping that Buxton have a half-decent season after last year's pretty dismal showing.

I don't expect Buxton to be top of the league or anything like that but I do want their opponents to know they have been in a tough speedway race and not just assume that a meeting against Buxton means that the points are in the bag.

I want all the Buxton riders to get as much support and encouragement as possible and I do not want to see riders binned before they have been given a fair chance to show what they can do.

But most of all, I want someone other than Friend Pipe to do the write-ups on the website as I do not believe that I can endure another season of delusional monologues and tales of ifs, buts and maybes.

Not much to ask, really.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping that Buxton have a half-decent season after last year's pretty dismal showing.

I don't expect Buxton to be top of the league or anything like that but I do want their opponents to know they have been in a tough speedway race and not just assume that a meeting against Buxton means that the points are in the bag.

I want all the Buxton riders to get as much support and encouragement as possible and I do not want to see riders binned before they have been given a fair chance to show what they can do.

But most of all, I want someone other than Friend Pipe to do the write-ups on the website as I do not believe that I can endure another season of delusional monologues and tales of ifs, buts and maybes.

Not much to ask, really.

Little Thumper we are all realistic and although we want to win as much as the next person realise that we don't have the resources of other tracks with big cheque books. However, we will be going out to do our best and have fun whilst doing so. There was too much doom and gloom around Buxton last year (for good reason at times) but this year we are going to have a good team spirit and think we have the makings of a decent team especially at home. Hopefully the last few riders will come together soon although it doesn't help when you offer a rider a team spot which they accept only to turn around a few days later and take a better offer.

• Like 2

Little Thumper we are all realistic and although we want to win as much as the next person realise that we don't have the resources of other tracks with big cheque books. However, we will be going out to do our best and have fun whilst doing so. There was too much doom and gloom around Buxton last year (for good reason at times) but this year we are going to have a good team spirit and think we have the makings of a decent team especially at home. Hopefully the last few riders will come together soon although it doesn't help when you offer a rider a team spot which they accept only to turn around a few days later and take a better offer.

Jayne, That's all good to hear!

Just tell me that you shall be taking over writing the blurb on the website and I shall a happy camper.

:party:

Can I just say, that I want Buxton to have a good 2017. My team (Brummies) have not always won there, but I enjoy my visits. I believe you have real potential to build a very good team, if you can use your points renaming (17.16) to secure 3 riders, with averages above Shelby's 4.45 to start him at reserve, any team with strength in depth, together with a good No 1. has more than a fighting chance.

• Like 1

Can I just say, that I want Buxton to have a good 2017. My team (Brummies) have not always won there, but I enjoy my visits. I believe you have real potential to build a very good team, if you can use your points renaming (17.16) to secure 3 riders, with averages above Shelby's 4.45 to start him at reserve, any team with strength in depth, together with a good No 1. has more than a fighting chance.

I love it when the Brummies come to visit. Their enthusiastic and colourful fans do their club credit.

Mind you, I didn't enjoy their visit to Buxton in 2016 quite as much as usual because they fairly hammered the Buxtonians!

As Jayne says it makes things difficult when the club down the road nicks a rider that you thought you had signed by offering them more money.

It is particularly galling when the club that is allegedly doing the nicking hasn't got a particularly great reputation either with supporters or the riders' bank managers.

But what goes around, comes around and when a certain rider from a certain club comes to the speedway track in the clouds, we will do our best to remind him what he is missing out on.

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

:t:

They can offer all the money they like, will be extremely funny when he doesn't get paid!

Getting Shelby at reserve would be ideal but tricky as the rest of the team would be very strengthish in depth? If i was Jayne Moss (and thank goodness im not or the club would be in a terrible state) i would try and use my remaining points on Lee Payne(8.11), Lee Dicken(5.87) & Ben Basford(3.09) leaving them 0.09 under the limit.

They can offer all the money they like, will be extremely funny when he doesn't get paid!

Getting Shelby at reserve would be ideal but tricky as the rest of the team would be very strengthish in depth? If i was Jayne Moss (and thank goodness im not or the club would be in a terrible state) i would try and use my remaining points on Lee Payne(8.11), Lee Dicken(5.87) & Ben Basford(3.09) leaving them 0.09 under the limit.

Hopefully, when the situation with the Covchester Cut n Shuts has been resolved one way or the other, then perhaps some riders might be better placed to plan for 2017.

Just been watching a video from 20 years ago of a challenge race (the Golden Shoe) between Peter Collins and Chris Morton riding their 2 valve Jawas on the old Buxton track.

I wonder if they could be persuaded to do a re-run because some of us couldn't make it first time round?

Getting Shelby at reserve would be ideal but tricky as the rest of the team would be very strength in depth? If i was Jayne Moss (and thank goodness im not or the club would be in a terrible state) i would try and use my remaining points on Lee Payne(8.11), Lee Dicken(5.87) & Ben Basford(3.09) leaving them 0.09 under the limit.

Those 3 riders are an interesting choice, but I would choose Ben Hopwood (5.83) Terry Ryan Daley (4.55) & Martin Knuckley (6.37) I believe that would offer more strength in depth.

Wonder why Buxton didn't sign extance in his return to the sport as an eastbourne fan I'm hoping the technical side of Buxton would have prepared him for Eastbourne

Those 3 riders are an interesting choice, but I would choose Ben Hopwood (5.83) Terry Ryan Daley (4.55) & Martin Knuckley (6.37) I believe that would offer more strength in depth.

Fair enough but I believe that Terry-Daley has made other arrangements and will be re-kindling his interest in earthenware and ceramics, if you know what I mean.

I would love to see Ben Hopwood at Buxton again because I think the guy is a trier and it would be good to roll him out when the Stoke Poachers are coming to visit.

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Would make a good side however we are led to believe that Hopwood will be much further south, RTD will be going potty unless he has a change of mind again and sadly i thought Knuckley had retired?

• Like 1