British Speedway Forum

What are Speedway Star's (ABC) weekly and annual circulation figures? How do they compare to, say, 1980?

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

What are Speedway Star's (ABC) weekly and annual circulation figures? How do they compare to, say, 1980?

MUCH lower :sad:

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

No actual figures then?

The audited circulation was about 12,000 a few years ago. If I remember, Philippe subsequently told us that didn't include subscription copies, and total circulation was around 18,000. Since then, he's mentioned it's dropped a lot lower.

I'm just stating what facts I remember - not making comment on them.

No actual figures then?

NO... our circulation is obviously dependent on how many people attend speedway. That figure has dropped dramatically over the past five years.

The lack of continuity of fixtures has also devastated track sales. If people don't attend very week (or as near as damn it) they don't buy on a regular basis. It isn't rocket science of course.

The audited circulation was about 12,000 a few years ago. If I remember, Philippe subsequently told us that didn't include subscription copies, and total circulation was around 18,000. Since then, he's mentioned it's dropped a lot lower.

I'm just stating what facts I remember - not making comment on them.

I'D take those figures now :neutral:

Edited by PHILIPRISING

So are we led to guess that it is under 10,000 - all kind of sales included? Don't say 5,000. I hope that I don't end up as the last subscription reader!

How nigh is the end?

So are we led to guess that it is under 10,000 - all kind of sales included? Don't say 5,000. I hope that I don't end up as the last subscription reader!

How nigh is the end?

NOT led to guess anything. The end isn't nigh...

• Like 2

NOT led to guess anything. The end isn't nigh...

Very glad to read that as an avid reader and occasional contributor.

How much is the online subscriptions side of things taking off?

All the best

Rob

Very glad to read that as an avid reader and occasional contributor.

How much is the online subscriptions side of things taking off?

All the best

Rob

HASN'T varied much since launched... naturally more popular with overseas subscribers... cheaper and available sooner

HASN'T varied much since launched... naturally more popular with overseas subscribers... cheaper and available sooner

Unlike West Central Scotland then. ;)

• Like 1

Alright mate I've sent you a pm cheers

I bought it this week for the first time in a while - I don't buy at track but do I have see in supermarket. Enjoyed it. Get a bit bored by the layout of the leagues etc and team news and have never liked Grasstrack news but that is a personal thing. Content was good - keep it up Phil.

• Like 1

Been reading the Star since the 60s, excellent magazine, my bruv in Adelaide has only just finished reading the bumper edition.

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

How nigh is the end?

The end is not nigh, but sales are not as they once was. Work it out for yourself it not difficult to do..