British Speedway Forum
SCB

Fao The Big Cry Babies

:t:

Nan Joannie Taylor.

I don't know how we came from a fairly friendly amicable forum to one filled with bile to some.

It seems the fun has been replaced with attack and the multi aliased posters. Sad really.

There are some really good knowledgeable decent constructive posters around however many threads are spoilt with "my club/track/team is better than yours".

...but we are very few! :lol:

I love the posters who underline certain quotes or USE LOTS OF CAPITALS, as if this seems to make their point of view more important than anyone else.

Does THAT ACTUALLY HAPPEN ON THE BSF?

I understand the English Language perfectly well.

I come from a time when we wrote letters by hand, when we were supposed to be grammatically correct and when spelling was a more than useful attribute.

I do not particularly care how various things are regarded on the Computer. I cannot change my upbringing any more than you can change yours - FACT.

There should be room on the Forum to accommodate all of our foibles without criticising all of those people who can't/don't/won't go along with the norm.

You can count me among the won't by the way.

If you come from a time when you wrote letters by hand etc etc why don't you just write posts like you used to write letters?Or did your letters have to have certain words underlined or in another colour so people could understand them?Do you have books by authors that have to have words underlined to emphasise what they really mean? :rofl:

• Like 1

If you come from a time when you wrote letters by hand etc etc why don't you just write posts like you used to write letters?Or did your letters have to have certain words underlined or in another colour so people could understand them?Do you have books by authors that have to have words underlined to emphasise what they really mean? :rofl:

I have seen that in certain Books yes.

I have also seen words highlighted in Bold in books too.

I do read a tremendous amount and the above happens not often - but definitely now and again.

I see no need to change my style - for those who don't like it - then don't read it.

Simple really. :t::)

Even though it's breaking forum rules? You surprise me you naughty person. :lol:

Please do not post in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS; this is the Internet version of shouting, and is irritating to many posters.

Owing to some of the personal attacks dished out to some people on this Forum - I think my style of writing is pretty small beer don't you?

There are far more important and sensible Rules broken on here every day - but crucially no-one seems to do anything about them. Bullying for example. Attack the Post, not the Poster - need I go on.

You Gemini, I am pleased to say, don't involve yourself in anything like that - so this Post is most definitely not aimed at you. :)

• Like 1

Owing to some of the personal attacks dished out to some people on this Forum - I think my style of writing is pretty small beer don't you?

There are far more important and sensible Rules broken on here every day - but crucially no-one seems to do anything about them. Bullying for example. Attack the Post, not the Poster - need I go on.

Does that REALLY happen on the BSF? If so, it comes as a surprise to me! :shock::unsure: