British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Tai Woffinden Testimonial

Just had a thought and nobody seems to have picked up on it.

So, basically apart from the Cardiff SGP the British public won't get to see him race.

What he's done there is already ruled himself out of the Peter Karlsson Farewell meeting, just think for a moment how bad that's looks!?!?

Because that meeting is about Peter Karlsson & fellow guest riders. Tai being there just might take some of adulation away from PK & that's not what he wants.

Another stance to take is because of Tai's involvement towards the end of the season & play offs & Team GB rides then subsequent refusal to ride in 2017, this might not be Tai talking but his management/PR team testing the water to see what might happen in 2017 or 2018. There does not seem to be many posters from his previous clubs having a dig at him but I do think the term "Testimonial Meeting" for riders is abused.

Because that meeting is about Peter Karlsson & fellow guest riders. Tai being there just might take some of adulation away from PK & that's not what he wants.

Another stance to take is because of Tai's involvement towards the end of the season & play offs & Team GB rides then subsequent refusal to ride in 2017, this might not be Tai talking but his management/PR team testing the water to see what might happen in 2017 or 2018. There does not seem to be many posters from his previous clubs having a dig at him but I do think the term "Testimonial Meeting" for riders is abused.

'Tai being there' would more likely attract a bigger crowd and show his support and respect, especially after PK has been in his GP pit crew and doubtlessly taught him much in their earlier days as team mates. These decisions are all his to make of course, just as are opinions on them from the paying public.

• Like 1

All you do is come on here hating on Poole Speedway and post tripe. You keep replying to me everytime I post so if I am on here 24/7 then you are as well.......now run along you must have some washing up to do Lilly Savage.

Agree.

this thread has nothing to do with Poole so button up.

you are on here replying to Stevebrum all the time and ive yet to see you actively make a comment regarding the sport just throw abuse.

now run along its teatime

No.

To ask for a testimonial and quite rightly not be given one does not mean he has let British Speedway down.

His personality isnt liked so he is judged on that rather than what is good for him.

He wants to be World Champion and if riding in the UK is not seen as helpful in that ambition then he has no reason to ride here (like 12 of next seasons gp field).

I agree that if he doesnt ride over here he shouldnt expect any favours and will get flak from some people and i agree with the decision he shouldnt have a testimonial. But i dont agree that because he is British he must ride over here, especially the state the sport and the top league is in at the moment

Couldn't agree with you more. You don't see the Welsh slagging off Garth Bale because he doesn't play for Swansea, Cardiff or Newport County.

Couldn't agree with you more. You don't see the Welsh slagging off Garth Bale because he doesn't play for Swansea, Cardiff or Newport County.

But he does play for Wales.

But he does play for Wales.

And up to this season Tai represented Team GB. Bale could quit international football tomorrow and would still be treated as a hero by us Welsh supporters for all he has achieved.

for me the BSPA have done the right thing on this one

Me too but they need to be consistent. Should only be awarded to those who do ten consecutive years with one team.

• Like 3

And up to this season Tai represented Team GB. Bale could quit international football tomorrow and would still be treated as a hero by us Welsh supporters for all he has achieved.

Yes, but the difference is, he probably wouldn't. Unless he reached veteran status or had a physical reason. We are of course just expressing our opinions and I know very little of Football or Gareth Bale (except of course how to spell his name).

Yes, but the difference is, he probably wouldn't. Unless he reached veteran status or had a physical reason. We are of course just expressing our opinions and I know very little of Football or Gareth Bale (except of course how to spell his name).

Well spotted, must remember to read what I've written before hitting post. LOL.

So are you now in agreement that he has let British Speedway down ?

No I'm not.

I think I'm pretty clear where I stand on Tai.

The request for a testimonial is barmy.

I'm disappointed that Tai has chosen not to ride for team GB but like Lee Richardson and Scott Nicholls before him he is making a stand. His reasons are no different to either Lee or Scott.

As for not riding in the UK, I'd rather he did of course however I'd rather Greg, Nicki P, Emil et Al were riding here as well. Tai has no different reasons to any of those mentioned or suggested.

So don't try and suggest I'm saying something that I'm clearly not.

If Bale turned around and said, "sorry, I can't be arsed to play for Wales anymore, the rest of the team are not good enough. I want 70% of the player wages or I won't bother."

I should imagine the majority of Welsh fans would be up in arms over his attitude. But that is exactly what happened with Woffinden and the SWC.

Stevebrum goes on about him getting the biggest cheer at the British GP. Simply because for a lot of the fans who attend, it is their only meeting of the year. They have no idea of how he has acted towards British Speedway.

The apologists can attempt to defend his actions but the rest of us have seen straight through him.

Are you going to ride in the British final Tai? If not why not?

Are you going to be part of TeamGB Tai? If not why not?

Or is it all down to that Abba song? Money Money Money. Thats the reason he won't ride for TeamGB. He wanted a percentage of the winnings equivalent to his points.

A real shame a British World Champion is held in such scant regard by the majority of British fans.

No I'm not.

I'm disappointed that Tai has chosen not to ride for team GB but like Lee Richardson and Scott Nicholls before him he is making a stand. His reasons are no different to either Lee or Scott.

As for not riding in the UK, I'd rather he did of course however I'd rather Greg, Nicki P, Emil et Al were riding here as well. Tai has no different reasons to any of those mentioned or suggested.

You have forgotten to defend him over dropping the British Final !

No I'm not.

He isnt worth replying to mate we know his stance on Tai and now he has another stick to beat him with.

For what its worth your post is spot on.

I think the Tai haters are a tad disappointed that those of us who respect Tai's decision not to ride here are actually in agreement that he shouldnt get a testimonial. Kind of means they arguing over nothing which is quite funny.

As i said earlier Tai doesnt deserve one but how the heck did Kasprzak???

If Bale turned around and said, "sorry, I can't be arsed to play for Wales anymore, the rest of the team are not good enough. I want 70% of the player wages or I won't bother."

I should imagine the majority of Welsh fans would be up in arms over his attitude. But that is exactly what happened with Woffinden and the SWC.

Stevebrum goes on about him getting the biggest cheer at the British GP. Simply because for a lot of the fans who attend, it is their only meeting of the year. They have no idea of how he has acted towards British Speedway.

The apologists can attempt to defend his actions but the rest of us have seen straight through him.

Are you going to ride in the British final Tai? If not why not?

Are you going to be part of TeamGB Tai? If not why not?

Or is it all down to that Abba song? Money Money Money. Thats the reason he won't ride for TeamGB. He wanted a percentage of the winnings equivalent to his points.

A real shame a British World Champion is held in such scant regard by the majority of British fans.

and talking of Tai haters here is one of the biggest.

PLEASE FIND ANYONE WHO SAID HE SHOULD HAVE A TESTIMONIAL????????????//

are you happy going over old ground??

everyone is saying he shouldnt have a testimonial so are you just using this thread to slag him off again.......bit pathetic really

You have forgotten to defend him over dropping the British Final !

dropped it or were the semi finals around the gp as was the final.......jeez old news!

anyway he is hardly likely now to turn up in it as he kind of burnt his bridges with the BSPA

Edited by Gavan

He isnt worth replying to mate we know his stance on Tai and now he has another stick to beat him with.

For what its worth your post is spot on.

I think the Tai haters are a tad disappointed that those of us who respect Tai's decision not to ride here are actually in agreement that he shouldnt get a testimonial. Kind of means they arguing over nothing which is quite funny.

As i said earlier Tai doesnt deserve one but how the heck did Kasprzak???

and talking of Tai haters here is one of the biggest.

PLEASE FIND ANYONE WHO SAID HE SHOULD HAVE A TESTIMONIAL????????????//

are you happy going over old ground??

everyone is saying he shouldnt have a testimonial so are you just using this thread to slag him off again.......bit pathetic really

dropped it or were the semi finals around the gp as was the final.......jeez old news!

anyway he is hardly likely now to turn up in it as he kind of burnt his bridges with the BSPA

The semi finals around the GP is about as truthful as the testimonial is not about money !

or do you just automatically believe everything he says

Edited by New Science

The semi finals around the GP is about as truthful as the testimonial is not about money !

or do you just automatically believe everything he says

They are just trying to defend the undefendable.