British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Whos Left?

With 25 places left to fill who's going where ?There is 32 riders from last season(there could be more) who are still not with a team place, I'm sure some have quit or found it too tough but, i'm sure you can fill in any blanks.

B.Andrews/J.Bailey/H.Banks/B,Basford/S,Bebee/K,Bowdery,G,Cottham/L&k Dicken/ L,Geary/J,Haldeer/C,Hay/D,Holt/B,Hopwood/E,Jones/J,Kingston/M,Knuckey/M,Leek/C,Locke/R,MacDonald/A,Mellish/L,Millar/D<Morgan

R,Parker/L,Payne/N,Phillips/G,Piper/J,Purchase/S,Tedham/RT Daley.

Go on, play the who's going where game :lol:

With 25 places left to fill who's going where ?There is 32 riders from last season(there could be more) who are still not with a team place, I'm sure some have quit or found it too tough but, i'm sure you can fill in any blanks.

B.Andrews/J.Bailey/H.Banks/B,Basford/S,Bebee/K,Bowdery,G,Cottham/L&k Dicken/ L,Geary/J,Haldeer/C,Hay/D,Holt/B,Hopwood/E,Jones/J,Kingston/M,Knuckey/M,Leek/C,Locke/R,MacDonald/A,Mellish/L,Millar/D<Morgan

I see some familiar names in your list pete oc. The incredible things is that quite a few of them are better riders than some who have been given team places for 2017. But averages in speedway are far more important than racing talent it would seem. No wonder - as I see it - the sport's downward spiral gains momentum because of this averages ruling which, let's b honest, is all very well on paper. But once the season gets underway and we have teams winning/losing as the case may be by large margins how foolish the averages system is proven to be.

Edited by Guest

I see some familiar names in your list pete oc. The incredible things is that quite a few of them are better riders than some who have been given team places for 2017. But averages in speedway are far more important than racing talent it would seem. No wonder - as I see it - the sport's downward spiral gains momentum because of this averages ruling which, let's b honest, is all very well on paper. But once the season gets underway and we have teams winning/losing as the case may be by large margins who foolish the averages system is proven to be.

You maybe right but, how many of these will we see at the start of the season & how many will appear a month or two later? Sadly some will vanish from speedway tracks forever.

Putting a line through those who i think will miss out on starting places

I see some familiar names in your list pete oc. The incredible things is that quite a few of them are better riders than some who have been given team places for 2017. But averages in speedway are far more important than racing talent it would seem. No wonder - as I see it - the sport's downward spiral gains momentum because of this averages ruling which, let's b honest, is all very well on paper. But once the season gets underway and we have teams winning/losing as the case may be by large margins who foolish the averages system is proven to be.

Gustix,

Can you explain how you arrive at the above conclusions, as they seem to be totally illogical, and not based on any facts.

How is a downward spiral gaining momentum? The NL, in fact is the one league that is operating on optimum occupancy. Whilst the top two leagues would gladly accept more teams, the NL has yet again hit its optimal 12 team complement.

The points limit would appear to have been set at the perfect figure to do the job of ensuring that NL standard riders have a team place, whilst the league is still able to develop the top end riders to move up to higher leagues, and bring in new exciting 3.00 riders.

The team building so far suggests that there are going to be 12 relatively equal teams and a season of high quality racing.

We saw some great prospects come through the NL last year. Bewley, Parkinson-Blackburn, Smith, Hume, Thomas, Hunter, Stoneman etc etc. I'm expecting more of the same this year with Bickley, Lawlor, Brennan, Hampshire, Whitmore, Jenkins, Atkins and more.

So your comments seem completely baffling and totally at odds with the real world.

To help me understand, perhaps you could answer the following:-

What should the points limit have been set at?

Which NL standard riders are the ones who are going to miss out on getting a place that they wanted?

Where have averages been more important than racing ability? Name the rider and the average which was preferred.

Which are the riders who are better than the ones who will start the league season in those team places?

I await your answers to the above simple questions Gustix....

Edited by John Leslie
  • Like 5

I see some familiar names in your list pete oc. The incredible things is that quite a few of them are better riders than some who have been given team places for 2017. But averages in speedway are far more important than racing talent it would seem. No wonder - as I see it - the sport's downward spiral gains momentum because of this averages ruling which, let's b honest, is all very well on paper. But once the season gets underway and we have teams winning/losing as the case may be by large margins how foolish the averages system is proven to be.

You maybe right but, how many of these will we see at the start of the season & how many will appear a month or two later? Sadly some will vanish from speedway tracks forever.

That's quite a list of possible non-starters there SIngs4Kings. A possible 15 riders in a suggested list of 29 - around 50 per cent?

Edited by Guest

Others I can think of our Shanes Mason stoneman Strudwick Perks woods

I never said it was a complete list, just a list.

James Shane's?

That's quite a less of possible non-starters there SIngs4Kings. A possible 15 riders in a suggested list of 29 - around 50 per cent?

This list of potential non-starters, mainly due to the ridiculous IMO averages set-up, tends to qualify what I said in the lead quote above? :approve:

Edited by Guest