British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerfeet

The 4's @ Peterborough

So do EoES make which dates are availlable for every fixture to the speedway?

No The EoES are still waiting for Panthers

sounds a bit like the 'too many chiefs' scenario,,,

Showground management want the speedway but on there terms. Speedway are the poor relations as far as showground management are concerned. So it's take it on there terms or not at all.

No The EoES are still waiting for Panthers

The showground management will tell the Peterborough speedway what dates are available , they are the landlords and if they say speedway will not race on any given date that is final. So Crazy b what are you suggesting.

• Like 1

The showground management will tell the Peterborough speedway what dates are available , they are the landlords and if they say speedway will not race on any given date that is final. So Crazy b what are you suggesting.

For as many years as I can remember Speedway has never got it's fixtures out before now. If Peterborough gave the Showground dates around the end of the season then they should have a better chance to get first choice of dates. You have to look to twelve months ahead, not a couple of months.

Showground management want the speedway but on there terms. Speedway are the poor relations as far as showground management are concerned. So it's take it on there terms or not at all.

yeah, many clubs have the same problems,,, and a dunno how far down the pecking order the speedway is, I would hazzard a guess at nearer the bottom :(,,, but if speedway had more 'indyins' following it, it might have more 'clout'.

if there was an opportunity of land for your own circuit, would it offer, on a whole, as a venue what the Showground does ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

For as many years as I can remember Speedway has never got it's fixtures out before now. If Peterborough gave the Showground dates around the end of the season then they should have a better chance to get first choice of dates. You have to look to twelve months ahead, not a couple of months.

The major events at the showground will always take precedence over the speedway. Most of the major events are booked a year in advance.

• Like 1

sounds a bit like the 'too many chiefs' scenario,,,

Been like that for 15 years. Prior to that speedway was valued and ran weekly. It then had to be grateful to be running when granted. They say jump and we say how high.

Been like that for 15 years. Prior to that speedway was valued and ran weekly. It then had to be grateful to be running when granted. They say jump and we say how high.

there'll be a few clubs in the same boat, got you by the balls,,, not sure if stadium owner's make much from speedway, but without speedway they might feel it,,, but suppose thats walking on thin ice :(

Even if they did give twelve months notice regarding fixtures and showground management took it on board it would make little difference for getting first with the booking because as soon as another party came in wanting to book a date for a lucrative show they would tell speedway this date is no longer available it's been done on more than one occasion in the past. Can you please tell me what club would try to arrange fixtures when they wouldn't know what league they would be in or what other clubs they would be facing or probably still have to agree a lease not knowing whether they would have to pay increase charges for stadium rental.

• Like 1

there'll be a few clubs in the same boat, got you by the balls,,, not sure if stadium owner's make much from speedway, but without speedway they might feel it,,, but suppose thats walking on thin ice :(

It'll be regular income of sorts for the EoES and filling in gaps to keep the showground in visible and audible use must benefit them. A weekend event booking (which probably covers many more days than that) must make run of the mill speedway takings look like a widdle in the ocean.

Little harsh.

The 4's will be factored into the fixtures and they haven't been sorted just yet, quite possibly because of situation at Coventry.

I'll be surprised if we don't know by mid February at the latest, which should give a good 4 months notice.

Sorry don't think its harsh at all - unless you are retired or work for a tolerant employer most need to book time off well in advance especially where I work - we can't all get time off our work without advance notice

• Like 1

It'll be regular income of sorts for the EoES and filling in gaps to keep the showground in visible and audible use must benefit them. A weekend event booking (which probably covers many more days than that) must make run of the mill speedway takings look like a widdle in the ocean.

but, with say 20/25 little widdles, could make a pool ;)

am sure they same amount of 'llama days', would end up as a field of llama's :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

where as i have the reverse problem , i have no problems in getting time off , because i dont work . but i have a problem in getting to meetings , cos i dont work and therefore dont have the cash to splash . cant have it both ways ..

Even if they did give twelve months notice regarding fixtures and showground management took it on board it would make little difference for getting first with the booking because as soon as another party came in wanting to book a date for a lucrative show they would tell speedway this date is no longer available it's been done on more than one occasion in the past. Can you please tell me what club would try to arrange fixtures when they wouldn't know what league they would be in or what other clubs they would be facing or probably still have to agree a lease not knowing whether they would have to pay increase charges for stadium rental.

But these "lucrative parties" must work a deal out twelve months in advance, if speedway can't do this then you'll just have to put up with it as it is now and has been for a long time