British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerfeet

The 4's @ Peterborough

It was awesome last year , bit of an anti-climax going back to a one day event

• Like 1

really enjoyed last year's weekend but losing 3 teams from the league hasn't helped

It was awesome last year , bit of an anti-climax going back to a one day event

Looks like they had no choice with 10 teams. Imagine it will go back to old formula, 2 x 8 heat semis and 12 heat final with 8 clubs only. Bottom two on combined averages drop out before hand?

thought I read somewhere all clubs would be involved

Would be carnage coming out of turn 2 lap 1 with 5 riders.

• Like 1

Would be carnage coming out of turn 2 lap 1 with 5 riders.

Showground did it in the world cup a few years ago and I certainly wouldn't want to see it again , I like to see riders being able to race and not being impeded by other riders intentional or unintentional. Maybe ok on grasstrack but not in speedway.

• Like 1

all teams to be represented according to earlier reports ... i think ..

Ok 3 groups of 4 inviting the top two national league sides, might be cannon fodder but will give them great experience

How about 2groups of 5 over 10 heats each team to miss out on 2 races with 4 riders in each race for semi finals and then a 16 heat final between winners and runners up from semi finals.

Sounds like a plan but I think these meetings should be scrapped in british speedway anyway

Not a fours lover myself either , much prefer league or cup racing format ,but I shall miss it anyway as I fly out to Australia on family visit/holiday on the 4th.August for 16 days .

You coming down to say hi jenga, or when I visit worky in may??

not unless something happens transport wise . havent been to an away track for a few years now . i would like to go , but the transport situation is very iffy . we used to go to redcar , berwick and Newcastle in the 2nd era of workington without fail . made a couple of trips to scunny (quiblle ? park ) even boston ! to name but a few .. i fear those days have long gone .

but if i ever get the chance , i will be there and i will let you know ...... not long to go now.