British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Your 2017 Prem Winners.

1.King's Lynn - strong on paper all round and if both Huckenbeck and Batchelor "click" they should win the league by quite a few points

2.Wolves - a settled and successful team, who will be the only serious challengers to Lynn

3.Belle Vue - not as strong on paper as last years side, should still comfortably qualify for the play offs

4.Poole - could be a disaster this year! Inconsistant no.1, unproven middle order (Kurtz, who needs to show far more this season and Holder, is he there because of his name?) and with the unfortunate injury of their "trump card", I feel they could even struggle to make the PO's

5.Rye House - will do very well at home, could struggle away, but will be challenging for a PO place.

6.Swindon - too reliant on one man to be anything other than just low, mid table fodder this year.

7.Somerset - will be quite hard to beat at home but will struggle to pick up more than a very few points away

8.Leicester- bottom again, sad for their fans especially when they also have to endure the "quality" of the racing at home each week too.

Edited by ytsejam

I am going to forecast a BV KL play off final this season with Poole and Wolves contesting the semis. For me Poole are banking on KK and HA being consistently good. I have my doubts as both can be very hit and miss and should the track be a little wet or heavy KK in particular will not be interested. For me I think it will be our season this time around.

I am going to forecast a BV KL play off final this season with Poole and Wolves contesting the semis. For me Poole are banking on KK and HA being consistently good. I have my doubts as both can be very hit and miss and should the track be a little wet or heavy KK in particular will not be interested. For me I think it will be our season this time around.

You may well be right One of Clubs,Kaszprzak can go missing at times and certain tracks and conditions can affect his mindset.Whether it's your season or not remains to be seen. Will be coming up to the National stadium next Friday for the knockout cup match with a certain Mr Shovlar so we will see how both teams fair over the two meetings.

Opted for Poole.Will stand by that as a Lynn fan.But changes will need to be made.The reason I went with Poole is that Ford will make changes.He wants to win above anything else.

Hope it don't happen

Opted for Poole.Will stand by that as a Lynn fan.But changes will need to be made.The reason I went with Poole is that Ford will make changes.He wants to win above anything else.

Hope it don't happen

I like many Poole fans hope it does... :party:

Really don't see the fuss over KL.

Me neither, plenty of question marks, let's just see how it all pans out 😊
  • Like 1

Would much rather be viewed like that than favourites.

• Like 1

Me neither, plenty of question marks, let's just see how it all pans out

Yes there are plenty of questions marks about our team, but so is there about all the others. that's what makes it so interesting.... If all our question marks turn to ticks we can beat most teams on a given day . Whether we can do it over the season is another question mark..

As it stands at present I believe Lynn are as strong as any other team. Team changes and injuries will no doubt take effect as the season progresses, we just have to hope we're there at the end.... :t:

• Like 1

Yes there are plenty of questions marks about our team, but so is there about all the others. that's what makes it so interesting.... If all our question marks turn to ticks we can beat most teams on a given day . Whether we can do it over the season is another question mark..

As it stands at present I believe Lynn are as strong as any other team. Team changes and injuries will no doubt take effect as the season progresses, we just have to hope we're there at the end.... :t:

Have to agree with that.

It's the most open season in a while because there are questions marks over every team.

The Stars with Batchelor.

The aces have no real number one and no experience in reserve.

Poole have a number one that often goes missing plus 1st top flight season for Holder.

Wolves have a rider returning from 2 and a bit years out of action plus weak reserves.

Swindon besides Doyle need several of the rest to step it up.

Leicester on paper look improved but are already being written off on paper again.

Somerset have no real leadership.

Rye on paper look good but have several riders who are known to have up and down meetings and jury out on Watt.

• Like 2

Tough to predict when you're just going off names on paper going into a fresh season but here it goes.........

1. Poole

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolves

5. Rye House

6. Swindon

7. Leicester

8. Somerset

Can see it being very close between Rye House and Wolves for the 4th playoff spot. I'm hoping Wolves will be ruthless in making changes if required like they did last season because I think the current 7 may just fall short of the playoffs.

Playoff Winner - Kings Lynn over Poole

Have I missed something with people predicting Kings Lynn?

Tough to predict when you're just going off names on paper going into a fresh season but here it goes.........

1. Poole

2. Kings Lynn

3. Belle Vue

4. Wolves

5. Rye House

6. Swindon

7. Leicester

8. Somerset

Can see it being very close between Rye House and Wolves for the 4th playoff spot. I'm hoping Wolves will be ruthless in making changes if required like they did last season because I think the current 7 may just fall short of the playoffs.

Playoff Winner - Kings Lynn over Poole

You hope im sure.. ;)

You hope im sure.. ;)

Of course, if it can't be Wolves then anybody but Poole will do :D

Have I missed something with people predicting Kings Lynn?

I just think Holder going there will see things click a lot more for them than last season, if Huckenbeck and Batchelor ride to their potential then it could be a very tough team to beat.

Edited by Perton Wolf