British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Lawson Or Masters?

Yet another that embarrassingly gets my quote wrong.

I said HAD THE POTENTIAL TO BE not would be.

Facts aren't your strong points tho, wasn't it you that said only a few weeks ago Wolves wouldn't win the play offs next year?? I'd try getting this season right for a start. :rofl:

Steve you really need to take a chill pill before you have a heart attack

Steve you really need to take a chill pill before you have a heart attack

Your advice isn't required. Did you miss the laughing icon at the end? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i know for a fact that the top brit in the world Tai Woffinden was on a very good deal last season.

Masters is a better rider than Lawson so why wouldn't he be used ahead of him???? The one that annoys people is things like Adam Ellis moved on to have a young Aussie who so far hasn't shown he is better than Ellis.

Comparing Masters and Lawson is like asking Poole fans if they preferred Holder or Chris Harris???

I like the last line, very good! But i wouldn't be averse to Harris joining Poole as he usually goes very well at Wimborne Road.

Your advice isn't required. Did you miss the laughing icon at the end? :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't you comment on someone who has the facts wrong about you! No surprise considering who it is though and pulling you up on a typo is funny too.

• Like 1

TW doesn't want to ride for team GB because he didn't get the money he wanted and chucked his dummy out, I hope he never rides again for team GB

My views now is if you turn down the honour to represent your country then that's the end of your career representing the national team, no rider is bigger than his country, TW thinks he is bigger and it's clear its upset those in power and many British fans.

Wrong about why he quit Team GB and if you knew what was happening behind the scenes over the last twelve months at least then you wouldn't make comments like that again.

Robert Lambert will out grow British Speedway one day and who knows about the National team as he had to ride on a German licence to get where he is today in the first place.

As for never riding again for your country, did you refer to Simon Wigg, Marvyn Cox, Andy Smith and others that took out foreign licences and dropped England (as it was then) and more recently Scott Nicholls.

• Like 2

Can you direct me to the stevedumb post please?

It's okay I've found it, but how do you know he was referring to you when he said stevedumb has a twin?[/

quote]

Who else would he be reffering too?

• Like 1

It's okay I've found it, but how do you know he was referring to you when he said stevedumb has a twin?

Priceless.

:rofl: :rofl:

It's okay I've found it, but how do you know he was referring to you when he said stevedumb has a twin?[/

quote]

I would have answered it but all the clues are there!!

Priceless.

:rofl: :rofl:

9" timestamp="1487610358"]

quote]

I would have answered it but all the clues are there!!

Maybe some on here should look at themselves first!!

• Like 1

ame="foreverblue" post="2919881" timestamp="1487616818"]

Good point, lol!

Maybe some on here should look at themselves first!!

Be good if they did but I won't hold my breath. :t:

Not going to read through all the posts will will react to the first two on this subject and in the first post, it is not up to Wolverhampton or any club to say we should drop a rider for a British rider, especially when that rider rode for that team last season. So while I understand the original intention of the post, surely it's more fitting to name Poole and Kasprzak or Coventry and Bjerre or Kings Lynn and Holder who have bought in NEW signings that are foreigners ahead of Lawson.

Then of course you have Leicester who waited and waited and then name a Swede at number one but not Lawson who rode for them in the past or for that matter Worrall, Bridger etc that they could have named instead so the original post needs changing to tracks that are bringing in Newcforeign signings ahead of Lawson, Worrall etc. Plus Belle Vue have yet to name their team but if Fricke is included that's another ahead of the league champions that could have been more aptly named first.

Yes the British riders should have been looked after more and quite frankly while each track has to name two British riders, this should have been from the six team members with the number seven being a Fast a Track National League rider. You have to ask though why riders are being bought in ahead of some British riders and the decision to allow doubling up riders continue to dominate teams, the best option for the long term of British Speedway should have been more beneficial to have cut out the big earners and GP stars and bring in ONE big league consisting of more fixtures and riders committed to riding here.

Britain has been treading water for years using the life jacket filled with Sky money but while they have paid out big wages and high running costs, how many owners and promoters do you see that don't turn up in new cars with private number plates or go home to a two bed semi in the local town.

If they lose so much money each season then get out, shut the sport down and switch the lights off on the way out OR run it at a level that befits the income from crowd levels, sponsorships and TV rights and do it to benefit the home grown riders that one day may be good enough to say Bye Bye Britain I'm off to conquer the World and Poland in the big money races. But until then, develop the riders, develop the tracks and teams and make it a clear profitable sport for all so we can all be broke in private registered cars.

Just a note on Lawson/Leicester..

When Leicester declared that Saturday was again going to be there race night, that ruled Lawson out.. I suppose Lawson could have dropped his 2nd division ride to get a 1st division ride, but hey, another rider comfortable with riding 2nd division rather than 1st division.

This is the riders decision, nobody else's.. Hey, Rich, we're looking for a rider in the 1st division, we race Saturdays.....

Lawson:- Nah mate, I have signed for a team in a lower league on that night....

End of......

Alternatively he is showing loyalty to a club in Glasgow where he has been for a few seasons and who no doubt pay him well. Why would go back on his agreement with them?

• Like 1

Alternatively he is showing loyalty to a club in Glasgow where he has been for a few seasons and who no doubt pay him well. Why would go back on his agreement with them?

And one of glasgows assets they would always get first pick

• Like 1

As you are so concerned about British riders which riders in both leagues should be dismissed to allow Stefan Nielsen to have 2 jobs?

Also which Championship team should sack a rider to give James Sarjeant a place?

I think if Sarjeant wants to ride for a Championship team, M.Campton or T.Kurtz seem most likely to be the ones to move aside.

The Nielsen question I've already covered as far as one team place goes, if he wants a further team place it depends on which league his first new team is in.

Yep you can't even spell me. What year will David Howe be World Champion again? 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Reported on the BSPA today, Howe returns, Stevbrum needs new pants :P:D :D

Reported on the BSPA today, Howe returns, Stevbrum needs new pants :P:D :D

??