British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

If you go with Plusnet for b-band/tel you can, through an active Sky box, get BT Sport for £10pm on a monthly contract. I did it last year. So all the GP's cost me total of £70 in total.

thats because plusnet IS BT!

The ability of forum users to miss the point, often quite deliberately just to make cheap points is beyond belief. I posted what I did to warn people who may not know what is actually involved in buying and using these boxes to help people. As usual it gets twisted. I've deleted all posts since there really is no point in trying to reason with unreasonable people.

Anyone who wonders why TV advertisers and sponsors shun speedway only need to take a look at these forums to know they're wise to keep well clear.

Some things never change. RMC taking at pop at other forums users belittling our right to an opinion.

• Like 6

Correct, (as EE is as well) and one reason I went with Plusnet. But £10 per month is pretty good....but you do need an active account with Sky.

You dont get the same as BT though, they keep the business separate. For example - I am on very slow b/band, 1.2mbps and the same was quoted by all the copper wire suppliers. That is until earlier this year when I visited the Openreach website and saw my post code was now with fibre b/band. I contacted Plusnet but nothing available for offer. Go to BT website and it says I can get fast fibre b/band. One of the Openreach guys working round my area says BT will probably keep it to themselves for the first 6 months. So I got 10 weeks before I can jump ship from Plusnet (contract ends) to BT, by which time maybe Plusnet will be able to offer fibre b/band, but now I dont have an active Sky account, will be interesting.

Some things never change. RMC taking at pop at other forums users belittling our right to an opinion.

And having a sense of humour!

From Speedway GP site

" 30/01/2014, 08:38

Sky Sports will show exclusive live coverage of the British Elite League after agreeing a deal to televise at least 25 meetings per season for the next five years.

The deal with the British Speedway Promoters Association means Sky Sports viewers will be able to follow every Elite League season until at least 2019."

So if we have no speedway on Sky this year, what sort of deal has been done to release Sky from the contract?

Because the Elite league no longer exists?
  • Like 1

So is this confirmed yet?

Hasn't been confirmed anywhere.

I have ended up with both BT Sport and SKY. I am BT for broadband; and phone but the chap reckoned he could do me a deal to bring my phone costs down and throw in a free BT View box and BT Sport for free. All in £60. But the thing to be wary of with BT Sport is that the subscription channels are through the Ethernet cable. I am using Plug Adapters to send the signal from Router to BT View Box. But do need a direct link to your BT View box from the BT Router to avoid the picture pixelating; so where your Router is positioned is crucial. Ok if its directly behind the TV but for some daft reason BT positioned our Router in a bedroom so I need 25ft of Ethernet Cable to get a watchable picture or I need to pay £200 to have the Router moved to the back of the TV set downstairs. So for now I just stick the 25ft of Ethernet cable in to watch BT Sport on the BT View box.

I also have BT Sport on the SKY box but if this is right and SKY have ditched League Speedway then I'm ditching SKY and will put up with the 25ft of Ethernet cable for now. I like BT Sport; to be honest it kind of mimics ITV World Of Sport for being prepared to cover motorcycling; US sports etc. Yet still throws in some Premier League football and most of the European Football.

On the downside it shows where Speedway is when at a time when the sport is trying to re-launch as a product that the long standing TV partner is pulling out. I read that SKY cannot sell advertising when Speedways on and when you think about that; its probably correct. Think of the adverts you see on TV today; that's right picture them; think of what is being advertised and who they use in the adverts; stay with me and then ask yourself why those same adverts that run between say Ant and Dec's SNTA and The Voice just do not run in the intermission between the Speedway heats.

Are we together on this ?

Lucky if BT Sports picking up the gauntlet; but with two weeks to go to tapes up on the season we seem to be in a right old mess to me.

I have ended up with both BT Sport and SKY. I am BT for broadband; and phone but the chap reckoned he could do me a deal to bring my phone costs down and throw in a free BT View box and BT Sport for free. All in £60. But the thing to be wary of with BT Sport is that the subscription channels are through the Ethernet cable. I am using Plug Adapters to send the signal from Router to BT View Box. But do need a direct link to your BT View box from the BT Router to avoid the picture pixelating; so where your Router is positioned is crucial. Ok if its directly behind the TV but for some daft reason BT positioned our Router in a bedroom so I need 25ft of Ethernet Cable to get a watchable picture or I need to pay £200 to have the Router moved to the back of the TV set downstairs. So for now I just stick the 25ft of Ethernet cable in to watch BT Sport on the BT View box.

I also have BT Sport on the SKY box but if this is right and SKY have ditched League Speedway then I'm ditching SKY and will put up with the 25ft of Ethernet cable for now. I like BT Sport; to be honest it kind of mimics ITV World Of Sport for being prepared to cover motorcycling; US sports etc. Yet still throws in some Premier League football and most of the European Football.

On the downside it shows where Speedway is when at a time when the sport is trying to re-launch as a product that the long standing TV partner is pulling out. I read that SKY cannot sell advertising when Speedways on and when you think about that; its probably correct. Think of the adverts you see on TV today; that's right picture them; think of what is being advertised and who they use in the adverts; stay with me and then ask yourself why those same adverts that run between say Ant and Dec's SNTA and The Voice just do not run in the intermission between the Speedway heats.

Are we together on this ?

Lucky if BT Sports picking up the gauntlet; but with two weeks to go to tapes up on the season we seem to be in a right old mess to me.

Contact BT via chat and explain the router is in a different room to the You view box and that the ethernet cable is too short. They will send you a set of quality home plug adapters free of charge. I've done the same myself and have no pixelating (this will however depend on the quality of your wiring of course).

Firestick Or a chrome cast it's simple to reprogram add what ever you want amazon are now bringing out a new fire stick to try stop this but I know people that have had one and had it a good while and never had any probs you can look on you tube and see how to do it it's pretty simple these new boxs are amazing the reprogram it if goes off

This is certainly the quickest way to ensuring no speedway is shown on TV.

• Like 1

This is certainly the quickest way to ensuring no speedway is shown on TV.

For the good of the Sport - that may be the best outcome.

It may make folk go out to watch their Speedway instead of just sitting in an armchair.

Just a thought.......

• Like 1

For the good of the Sport - that may be the best outcome.

It may make folk go out to watch their Speedway instead of just sitting in an armchair.

Just a thought.......

I'am inclined to agree with you, as IMO speedway on telly doesn't do it justice, but,,,

it has been mentioned that some folk aren't in a position to attend meetings for whatever reasons :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

I'am inclined to agree with you, as IMO speedway on telly doesn't do it justice, but,,,

it has been mentioned that some folk aren't in a position to attend meetings for whatever reasons :(

I know RD. ;):)

and there are some who are in a position to attend but don't ;)

I know RD. ;):)