British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

Just heard rumour sky has pulled the plug on speedway but BT sport are meant to be taking over

Edited by mac101

Just heard sky has pulled the plug on speedway but BT sport are meant to be taking over

Source?

• Like 1

Let's hope so because I don't have Sky but I have BT.

But....

Source?

• Like 1

Let's hope so because I don't have Sky but I have BT.

But....

Source?

18 matches all premiership no championship meetings

That might explain the Friday night BSPA meeting that Mick Horton said was about bigger issues than just Coventry.

A swap from Sky to BT for those of us who get BT free at the moment appears great..

No need to get Sky Sports re-connected next month, so quite a saving.

But I fear just what sort of reduced deal BT may have been able to drive with the BSPA.

That may not be so great.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

I heard the same last week by someone who is usually very reliable.

But then they put the British final on a Monday which would only be to accommodate sky.

He did say they were in talks with bt sport though

Brilliant for me if true. Been struggling to justify the excessive cost of Sky lately but was keeping it for the speedway but if it's only on BT Sport I'll watch BT Sport for free (well a £30 BT TV connection fee) with my BT broadband.

Id say it's bad for the sport being on a TV channel with less subscribers but the sport is fecked anyway, just a matter of whne not if its going to kill its self.

They will probably put it on BT sport 2 which you have to pay extra for same as champions league football.Cheaper than sky though.

Just heard sky has pulled the plug on speedway but BT sport are meant to be taking over

Oh dear! This looks to be the start of a mainstream lack of interest in speedway. For TV coverage, they don't come any bigger than SKY. I expect there will soon be a reference to this happening on the SGB BSPA website. Very sad but worrying news.

Brilliant for me if true. Been struggling to justify the excessive cost of Sky lately but was keeping it for the speedway but if it's only on BT Sport I'll watch BT Sport for free (well a £30 BT TV connection fee) with my BT broadband.

Id say it's bad for the sport being on a TV channel with less subscribers but the sport is fecked anyway, just a matter of whne not if its going to kill its self.

Same here.

Me and the missus were just discussing the other day about getting rid of Sky as it is too expensive.

If BT do take over then that maybe the cue to say..... bye bye Sky :t:

Same here.

Me and the missus were just discussing the other day about getting rid of Sky as it is too expensive.

If BT do take over then that maybe the cue to say..... bye bye Sky :t:

Never subscribed to SKY and never will.

• Like 3

Never subscribed to SKY and never will.

Do not blame you.

What I do not like is you cannot pick which Channels you like,but have to have a package which has c**p Channels you will never watch !

• Like 1