British Speedway Forum

Someone got it spot on

Bspa is far too old but the sport is saved,they finally got instagram most fans with be googling or goggling it thinking its instagran to book female strippers over 65

• Like 1

Someone got it spot on

Bspa is far too old but the sport is saved,they finally got instagram most fans with be googling or goggling it thinking its instagran to book female strippers over 65

I wondered why I didn't get a reply.

Also a big screen at tracks could potentially gain and few more sponsors and of course double up as a scoreboard.

Edited by woz01

Also a big screen at tracks could potentially gain and few more sponsors and of course double up as a scoreboard.

This was actually one of the reasons they didn't think it was a good idea, it would potentially reduce programme sales.

This was actually one of the reasons they didn't think it was a good idea, it would potentially reduce programme sales.

i would have thought that getting people through the gate more beneficial £ wise rather than selling programmes.

• Like 1

i would have thought that getting people through the gate more beneficial £ wise rather than selling programmes.

I agree with JC, promoters in general are very "me me me" but, there will come a time (very close now) when no promoters will be able to fund Speedway as a professional sport, after the paying fan base shrinks to a point it can shrink no more..

Speedway, racing brakeless bikes at high speed, in confined arenas should be the jewel in the crown of motorcycle motorsport, where supporters can see the entire race, not just 500 yards, lap after lap after lap!!

Why, oh why has it got to where it is now....?

• Like 1

There are some very good people around who could do a great job in promoting speedway and creating real growth at the turnstyles etc. Some of them are already involved in the sport but unfortunately we have a few promoters and administrators remaining who are responsible for bringing speedway to this low point in the sports long history.

Until those deadbeats go away together with their narrow vision and self interest, the good guys face an almost impossible task to turn speedway around.

Maybe its about time some thinking was given to what type of revolution can be implemented to address the current evolutionary process which is driving the sport to its inevitable extinction?

Edited by 1 valve

Look at the Haye -Bellew fight, between 2 average fighters but the promotion was amazing. Pity we cannot get the Hearns interested in speedway

UPDATE: according to today's Daily Mail: ''Sky are ditching their coverage of speedway's Elite League. It is another hammer blow for the sport after a botched opening of a speedway-specific stadium in Manchester that is now in financial difficulty and the closing of the Coventry track. The one hope for British speedway is that BT will pick up the rights.''

Does not make pleasant reading and shows how terrible the BSPA must be at managing Public Relations, lets hope BT Sport can see past all this and realise what a wonderfully exciting sport Speedway can be.... 4 riders, 4 laps, no brakes and no reward for finishing last!

• Like 1

UPDATE: according to today's Daily Mail: ''Sky are ditching their coverage of speedway's Elite League. It is another hammer blow for the sport after a botched opening of a speedway-specific stadium in Manchester that is now in financial difficulty and the closing of the Coventry track. The one hope for British speedway is that BT will pick up the rights.''

Does not make pleasant reading and shows how terrible the BSPA must be at managing Public Relations, lets hope BT Sport can see past all this and realise what a wonderfully exciting sport Speedway can be.... 4 riders, 4 laps, no brakes and no reward for finishing last!

not saying your wrong about the bspa but what does come across is your bitterness towards them , your fall out with them must of been pretty bad
  • Like 1

Look at the Haye -Bellew fight, between 2 average fighters but the promotion was amazing. Pity we cannot get the Hearns interested in speedway

Only cos it's a bloke thing, the thought of two guys knocking the sh*t out of one another and the fact these fights come round once in a blue moon ..... no way would I have paid a penny to watch it.

No way would the Hearns take on speedway, possibly the gp series which is so easy to promote as they have the best riders in the world wanting to realise their dream of becoming world champion. The Hearns on the whole, only take on easy, one room, championship, mens' sports.

BT Sport should be 'champing at the bit' to snap up speedway coverage - after spending £1.2 billion (yes billion) for the Champions League footie rights through to 2021 - including streaming them on You-tube!!

not saying your wrong about the bspa but what does come across is your bitterness towards them , your fall out with them must of been pretty bad

In my opinion the sport is reaping years of terrible management and lack of forward vision.

I will reemphasise that I enjoyed speedway whilst I was part of it and left of my own accord. I am now simply a fan who can not believe how bad things have got, if you think that is bitterness.... jog on.

Edited by jchapman
  • Like 1

Link