British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Peterborough V Coventry Challenge 19th Match 12pm

Exactly. And Peterborough have none.

And you can never have enough float for meetings like this. Its not a suprise how quickly this runs out.

So we started 30 minutes late because people couldn't get in due to the lack of people on the turnstiles. Then when they started he parade, late, thy record to interview all the riders. We'd just had 30 minutes of nothing happening, why the bloody hell were the interviews not done then?

Then we had 12 minutes between the last two heats, what was that wait for?

They knew fans wanted to get to Wolves. I bet later in the season Peterborough will be complaining about a lack of fans attending. Well making people hang around will be why. It happens every time I go to Peterborough. You can get there 30 minutes before start time and you're lucky to get in by start time. It's been this was about 10-15 years now, how long will it take to sort it??

So, negatives aside. It was a pretty good meeting, a few from the gates but always the chance of a pass but heats 10 and 13 were top class speedway. 5-2 to 7-1 to 1-5 in heat 10 and God only knows in heat 13, ended in a Bees 5-1 with Bjerre going last to 2nd on the last bend.

I know it was only against a Championship team but Sarj aside every Bee showed just how good this team would have been this afternoon.

So yes I started with a moan, the meeting wasn't rushed enough but I bloody loved it!

You would have thought you'd have learnt to get there earlier after 15 years then?

There were interviews during the delayed start, we had to suffer Peter York and some ex Coventry riders from centuries ago and it was Peter York who started interviewing riders during their presentations. Why was Peter York even there?

The delay between 14 & 15 was whilst Coventry tried to persuade some of the riders to do it. Only Kerr could be arsed so we went with three instead.

Insufficient turnstiles really isn't good enough for a sport which is trying desperately to attract and keep customers.

Great to see so many Coventry fans turn out for their team, they are one of the biggest clubs we have and fingers crossed they return to to league racing very soon. Hope we have them at Lynn this year for a challenge match.

• Like 1

You would have thought you'd have learnt to get there earlier after 15 years then?

There were interviews during the delayed start, we had to suffer Peter York and some ex Coventry riders from centuries ago and it was Peter York who started interviewing riders during their presentations. Why was Peter York even there?

The delay between 14 & 15 was whilst Coventry tried to persuade some of the riders to do it. Only Kerr could be arsed so we went with three instead.

He lives in Wales mate, its not a short hop round the corner..

I was there early and had the joy of standing around for 40 minutes bored.

So to then have to endure a prolonged introduction of riders with sound bite interviews about how sad everyone is when we were told the meeting was being brought forward to allow us to get to Wolves it was a bit of a piss take!

As for Peterborough York, I've learned to block to idiot out. I though the one positive of losing Brandon would be losing him :/

Why? We got in the queue at 11.35ish and got in at 11.55. It took 20 minutes.

But honestly, why is it STILL an issue? Peterborough is the only place this happens. Twice as many people at wolves tonight and no queues. Why? Not having two slow women on the turnstiles helps! And having piles of £1 coins to give as change quickly too.

Wolves for PKs farewell actually. Having arrives at Peterborough at 11.30 and not getting out of Wolves now until 8pm and thanks to he shambles that is Peterborough Speedway some of us have not had a chance to eat a decent meal today. Had the meeting been over by 1.45 as it should have been it would have allowed us to eat between the meetings.

Still annoyed at the queue farce this morning.

...Ain't that why they have burger vans at sporting events? Edited by Lukas

I arrived at 11:15 and said straight away that it would be a delayed start. Only two turnstiles open.

Just seen some photos of some absolutely shredded tyres from today...Wonder if they are the new "harder" compound tyres brought in for this season!.. Obviously no good on tarmac!

fair play to the Peterboro promotion, at 1150 Ged Radbourne walked along the queue and told the masses the start would be delayed. More turnstiles were opened and the queue soon went. Although I do agree with SCB, why wasn't the interviews and introductions done at 12 so the racing could start at 1230.

racing actually started at 1pm and I was back on the road by 230, so run at a decent pace despite constant watering.

One complaint....Why was Peter York wearing Red and White?

• Like 1

Having such a ridiculously lop sided match up could really harm the Peterbourough promotion. What were they thinking? Result was never in doubt before a wheel had turned.

Obviously as a Poole fan whose only interest is winning you wouldn't understand that the score didn't matter to Panthers or Bees fans.

One complaint....Why was Peter York wearing Red and White?

Isn't it a Buildbase coat? :unsure:

• Like 2

I had an enjoyable afternoon due to the effort all the riders put in to produce some great racing, although the rest of the package emphasised why Speedway is not moving forward:

1. Car Parking - No reason to charge for this, I can guarantee this is included in the rent the Panthers pay the showground and whilst it may only be £1 it annoyed me and I am sure many other's would have been also.

2. Queues - First meeting of season which to me means they had 6 months to prepare for it so NO excuses. Ged may have walked along the queue for 10 minutes to apologise but his time would have been better spent getting the other 2 turnstiles open. I watched with bewilderment as 2 people closed 2 of the turnstiles to help open the extra ones before returning ten minutes later.... sort of going against logic. Bottom line is they should have known the Bees would be well supported and should have been prepared. Failing to plan is preparing to fail.

3. Programme - Why charge £2.70? Surely speedway has learnt by now that £2 is the MOST you can charge without making people feel overcharged. At £2 I would have bought 2 but at £2.70 I bought none and instead kept check of race line ups on the 'speedway updates' website from my phone. I know some will point out that if I was happy to spend £4 on two why didn't i spend £2.70 on one, but bottom line is I hate feeling like I am being overcharged and want VFM on every pound I spend.

4. Food & Drink - Probably not directly related to the promotion but again prices were OTT and not VFM.

5. Presentation - I was actually impressed with the quality of the sound system in the main stand and found the interviews not too bad (although many rather depressing), however the music playlist was shocking. Here we are in 2017 and yet I thought I felt like I was in a 1980's social club.

6. Information - For whatever reason we was all left wondering what the hell was happening between heats 14 and 15 and for that there can be no excuse, it certainly annoyed me and many others around.

I want the Panthers to succeed and felt overall I was happy to spend my money on the afternoon, however they need to up their game if they want to encourage newcomers to return.

• Like 1

Disappointed about the queue,,, was to be expected though, especially at speedway

Disappointed that the majority of the Bees didn't wear their Coventry race suits that they've been bitching on about so much that they've had to pay for

Disappointed that (if true) nobody wanted to come out for Heat 15, again riders bitching on about they haven't got a job for 1 or 2 months until they're fixed up... the fans have lost a whole club!

Disappointed that there's no Bees in 2017

• Like 1

Why didn't they want to race in heat 15?

Hey Jonathan, you say £2.70 is too much for a programme, the ones at PK's Farewell were a fiver! Needless to say I didn't buy one ....