British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Ipswich Vs Sheffield Sgbc 25/03/17 7.30pm

Well by the end I was damned cold if you lot weren't.

Ipswich were good, add in Newman and I can't see anybody getting close to them at home. Away from Foxhall remains to be seen but expect them to win a few on the road.

Hume was the star man last night. If he can maintain that level he'll make a mockery of that average.

With only 4 heat wins, Sheffield were poor. I expected more from them even though it's a first meeting.

Very good crowd in, makes a lot of difference.

Really good start to the Season, thought the team looked great, although double points made it look alot closer than it was.

Was it just me or did Aunty Babs miss two blatant roller's from Lasse ?? we were sitting by the start gate and it looked like he was half way up the track before the others had let their clutches out !

Great work by the "Massif" ...lovin the siren thingy and the cow bells, nice work peeps

• Like 1

Great work by the "Massif" ...lovin the siren thingy and the cow bells, nice work peeps

glad that some of the 'new toys' noise made it all the way to your side Steve 📣🔔📯👂👂👍

Rumour has it that the siren could be heard better than the PA....

Not to everyone's liking... couple of people moved because of the noise!

• Like 1

Strange isn't it, cos speedway not exactly a quiet sport.

Seen a few people moaning about scoreboard on Facebook, but it's never been lit up has it?? It's for light summer evenings only🤔🤔🤔

We need to make the massif bigger, more people, more noise

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

My son absolutely loved it and got into the swing of things in making lots of noise...oh and getting me cups of tea.

Glad I had him with me last night to be honest, if he hadn't been there I would have had to turn around and come back home again as there was no space in the area marked out for disabled parking (usually lots and lots of space at the time I arrive) and ended up having to park way way back in the car park and too far for me to walk to the entrance. Mustn't complain though as it shows what a good crowd showed up last night which can only be a good thing, I just need to arrive even earlier than usual if that rate of attendance keeps up. Thankfully I had already planned to swallow my pride and take my wheelchair to Foxhall for the first time, so no walking needed.

The speakers were a pain, I must admit to getting just a tiny bit stressed about not being able to hear what was going on, especially as I am a bit of a perfectionist/OCD when it comes to giving times, changes etc but I relaxed towards the end and made some fun out of it and eventually enjoyed it.

Really not sure how often I will get over to the back straight this season as I can't pay for someone/find someone each week to push me in the chair (and the technical issues of getting the chair into and out of the car properly) but last night certainly gave me enough feel good factor to last me a while.

As for the scoreboard, it was in operation last night, middle son was gleaning the missing information off it for me which allowed me to relax and enjoy it a little more. Not that I or anyone else could see that it was working but apparently it was....young eyes!

• Like 2

I really felt for Kevin last night. He as much as anyone wants the problems with the PA system sorted.

I believe the club are doing as much as they can but ultimately it comes down to Spedeworth to get the stadium in full working order.

One big pat on the back for the club should be for something they can control and did so with top efficientcy. The crowd was very large and there were big queues at the turnstiles - ALL 6 OF THEM PLUS THE EXTRA GATE WERE OPEN FROM THE OFF.

So what couldve been a pain flowed quickly and everyone got in an settled for a mormal start time. 👏👏

• Like 2

Good call bruv, what's sad about that long queue though was, the oap one was the longest

dont knock it a few of us are closing in fast on joining that one!

I meant it's sad for the future

yeah I get your point.

Thats why things like the kids go free is so important - you need a new generation to at least know what speedway is...

• Like 1

glad that some of the 'new toys' noise made it all the way to your side Steve

Yep, I'm thinking of what "toys" I can use, cos I don't think my whistle's having that much impact ? (and I don't want any rude remarks)

Yep, I'm thinking of what "toys" I can use, cos I don't think my whistle's having that much impact ? (and I don't want any rude remarks)

we now have a few spare bells and horns - Im certainly happy to pass them onto you.

An enjoyable meeting to watch considering I originally was not going to be around to attend, Sheffield once they really get going are going to be a formidable force to contend with. However, so I believe are the Witches!

I was going to say if we stay clear of injury we are definitely going to be there or thereabouts come the business end of the season but as injury has already struck we can only be stronger when Kyle returns.

The only slight weak link last night was Connor but he will improve much as his fitness and confidence grow.

Looking forward to Thursday already.