British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 1.4.17

I enjoyed last night. The track changes look very positive, and I think this track will produce much better racing once the outside beds in. I noticed the grader wasn't going anywhere near the outside on turns one and two last night, maybe its still a little soft after the recent rain?

Nice to see a decent crowd, last year the attendances definitely dropped off.

A positive start for Leicester speedway.

On another note, I just wish the Swindon lot would back off their riders, it was the first meeting for some of these guys, definitely the first premiership meeting. Give them a chance for gods sake.

On this particular night, Jason Doyle's below par performance was far more telling than others.

Fickle.com

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson
  • Like 1

Didn't think the track produced any better racing than last season, but it's early days & hopefully when it's bedded down it will be ok, the shape & width of the bends certainly looked better. The score flattered Swindon a little with Riss , Ayres & Gomolski ( twice) ,all falling when in points scoring positions. Particularly impressed with Bates & Riss, especially Riss who beat Doyle in his first race on the track & possibly could have had a paid maximum if he hadn't have overcooked the 2nd bend having flew out of the gate in his 2nd ride. It's a pity both will be missing next week against Poole, it's going to be hard to find someone decent to replace Bates on his low average.

I was hoping for a slightly closer result last night or even a win.

Was a bit concerned about the score from Adam and had hoped that Bradley might have got a couple more points but will see if they can pick it up at home on thursday.

Nick went very well and he needs to keep getting scores like that all season, and David Bellego, Zach and Emil did ok.

It seems there was a very good crowd there which is very good and I hope the numbers are also good thurs night.

To be honest A Orlov we were flattered by the score. Leicester threw points away. Other than 1 heat Jason couldn't get out of the start. Four times he was last into first bend. BWD and Ellis had nights to forget. Bellego did ok but never looked like winning a heat. Grondal beat Ayres and non finishers from Leicester. Zach had 1 great heat win wonderfully protected by Nick.

Morris was superb. His two races versus Nilsson were brilliant. He had plenty of chances to settle for second in heat 13 and was banging handlebars for a lap and a half before physically forcing his way round. FairPlay to Nilsson he got his own back in heat 15.

So first one over and we got a away point so are top of the table if you take off points you lose at home and add points you win away!

Work might keep me away on Thursday, in Swansea so will depend on M4.

• Like 2

Thought that the track alterations whilst still needing to settle opened up the bend and showed new lines. Two or three passes as a result. More to come I'm sure.

Riss was very impressive as was Bates. Nilson and Lasse very good.

Was looking forward to next week and would expect a decent result against Poole then realised the two major reasons for last night's good win aren't available. Very disappointing and emphasises the further issue of doubling up, not only the disruption to teams with availability and guests but also when a team can build momentum and pin expectation on performance, that is gone.

• Like 1

Was looking forward to next week and would expect a decent result against Poole then realised the two major reasons for last night's good win aren't available. Very disappointing and emphasises the further issue of doubling up, not only the disruption to teams with availability and guests but also when a team can build momentum and pin expectation on performance, that is gone.

Wouldn't be a problem if the BSPA/promoters used a bit of common sense and didn't run the top two leagues on the same days.

• Like 3

Thought that the track alterations whilst still needing to settle opened up the bend and showed new lines. Two or three passes as a result. More to come I'm sure.

Riss was very impressive as was Bates. Nilson and Lasse very good.

Agreed!

The new inside line on turns 1-2 certainly saw riders make up a lot of ground. Particularly smart move from Bates to be the first to suss that out.

To be honest A Orlov we were flattered by the score. Leicester threw points away. Other than 1 heat Jason couldn't get out of the start. Four times he was last into first bend. BWD and Ellis had nights to forget. Bellego did ok but never looked like winning a heat. Grondal beat Ayres and non finishers from Leicester. Zach had 1 great heat win wonderfully protected by Nick.

Morris was superb. His two races versus Nilsson were brilliant. He had plenty of chances to settle for second in heat 13 and was banging handlebars for a lap and a half before physically forcing his way round. FairPlay to Nilsson he got his own back in heat 15.

So first one over and we got a away point so are top of the table if you take off points you lose at home and add points you win away!

Work might keep me away on Thursday, in Swansea so will depend on M4.

Did many Robins fans make the trip up from the west?

Im hearing Orion is still scratching his bonce trying to find his way out of Swindon.. :rofl:

I enjoyed last night. The track changes look very positive, and I think this track will produce much better racing once the outside beds in. I noticed the grader wasn't going anywhere near the outside on turns one and two last night, maybe its still a little soft after the recent rain?

On another note, I just wish the Swindon lot would back off their riders, it was the first meeting for some of these guys, definitely the first premiership meeting. Give them a chance for gods sake.

On this particular night, Jason Doyle's below par performance was far more telling than others.

Fickle.com

Not fickle at all but realistic that you can't have a lower league rider in the top 5 & not struggle.

Maybe let's have a £50 bet that Swindon will change BWD, Zac or Emil as they are not good enough to ride in the top 5?.

Jason will be fine & do his job 9 out of 10 times so no blame on him over the course of the season.

Fickle.com

Wouldn't have thought more than 5% of Robins regulars visit this forum and you get a few neggy ones on here, probably some of whom never go, but was surprised Doyley, probably the world number 1 last year, got such a low score. Well done Morra, and well done Lions. At least we got a point.

Wouldn't have thought more than 5% of Robins regulars visit this forum and you get a few neggy ones on here, probably some of whom never go, but was surprised Doyley, probably the world number 1 last year, got such a low score. Well done Morra, and well done Lions. At least we got a point.

Rubbish most of the Robins fans who post on here that I know do go so where do you get that from??.

I was hoping for a slightly closer result last night or even a win.

Was a bit concerned about the score from Adam and had hoped that Bradley might have got a couple more points but will see if they can pick it up at home on thursday.

Nick went very well and he needs to keep getting scores like that all season, and David Bellego, Zach and Emil did ok.

It seems there was a very good crowd there which is very good and I hope the numbers are also good thurs night.

Adam will come good. I believe that was his first meeting this season so you have to give him a chance to get going. But BWD just isn't a second string. He'll struggle to score points anywhere. At least it should see his average drop to 3 with the first set of green sheet and he'll probably be a decent number 7.

The bookies have Swindon down as faves for finishing bottom of the league.

No they don't Swindon 16/1, Somerset 40/1 with Corals.

I was on the first bend. Group of four just in front of me. A couple just to my left and a further group of 4 or 5 closer to the start line. They were just the ones clearly robins fans.

• Like 1