British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 5/4/17 And Belle Vue V Poole 7/4/17 Ko Cup.

He would have easily have had Bewley but for Holder blocking him several times.

Belle Vue look very good should win this tonight. No excuses from me they have been far sharper.

Great result for Belle Vue even with Poole being much stronger with Kerr for Newman

Great result for Belle Vue even with Poole being much stronger with Kerr for Newman

Have to do better than that to get a nibble.
  • Like 1

Early days , but genuinely excited about the Aces prospects this year

• Like 1

Well BV have given Poole a fright tonight. Looks like Poole are the first team out of the KO Cup :wink:

• Like 2

Poor performance from Poole really against a team with riders that don't ride the Poole track that well. KK proving yet again that he isn't a reliable number 1 and Jack Holder has so far had a poor start to the season. Poole lucky their reserves are firing good to see young Shanes again scoring well. Lucky that Bjerre packed up otherwise it was a defeat. KK scoring a gifted 8 and failing to win a race. Poole need a number 1 who can be a number 1.

Edited by Gavan

Poole going to crash out of the KO Cup at the 1st hurdle!!! Looks like the bookies got it wrong 😃😜

Bit early to be getting excited about Poles demise yet. Poles team should all score well at the NSS in the return leg.

Positive signs for BV though.

For Poole the Kurtz and Klint show.

Way early yet but KK needs to get going.

Brilliant result for the Aces to only lose by 2pts, although it was very unlucky for them that Bjerre broke down while winning heat 15.

Should make a good 2nd leg

• Like 1

some nights you win some nights you lose, great result though and we should go through at the NSS, but it ain't over yet.

Really pleased with The Aces tonight, a solid show that could even afford young Jack a blob.

Nice touch by KB in the last, these new guys in charge already know how a lead in a cup tie can effect the attendance but now we have to make up a deficit we should see a few extra on the gate. Very clever.

I think some Poole fans on here need to have a word with the updates crew as it seems, as is mostly the case that it was gate and go when, as I always forcefully get told on here that it isn't like that. Painting the wrong picture could see potential fans giving it a wide berth if follow my leader races are portrayed as the norm.

Well how the hell did we actually win that borefest? Have to say it the worst meeting at Poole for a while. Track produced nothing. Gate and go with the last six heats won off gate one. Well until Bjerres ef anyway.

Its all well and good having a safe smooth track but fans pay to be entertained and tonight that track produced nothing for our team of racers, allowing the Belle Vue riders to gate and clear off. They are clearly odds on favourites now to progress and in truth deserve to. Poole were last out of the gate heat after heat and were just chasing shadows. Even Sedgmen and Fricke joined in the fun.

Normally if an away rider hits the front we expect to see the Poole lads come charging through but not tonight. Belle Vue gated and just stayed there.

Still going up on Friday but we needed ten points and 2 is nowhere near enough. Hoping for Matt to tear some of the riders a second rear end after that.

Well done Belle Vue.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I didn't expect that result and Poole are fortunate not to be going into the second leg 4 points behind. A solid performance from our 1-5, Bewley did far better than I thought in his first Premiership meeting and both he and Smith will improve as the season progresses.

It's far too early to start counting chickens. Poole will be determined not to bow out of the competition at the first hurdle and KK, Kurtz, Andersen and Shanes have all shown a liking for the NSS. Add Klindt, who should be capable of scoring a lot of points at reserve and we could have a fight on our hands. However, I think we can certainly win by more than the 2 point deficit we have to overcome.

Edited by Aces51