British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Wolves V Leicester 3 . 4 . 2017

Meeting preview taken from

http://www.leicesterlions.co/_mobile/news.php?extend.30954.1

Gromolski must be ok

LEICESTER are at full strength for their mouthwatering Monday trip to Wolverhampton.

British champion Danny King is available and makes his club debut at Monmore - and Josh Auty also returns to the side.

The Watling JCB Lions are in confident mood following their 48-42 home win over Swindon in the SGB Premiership on Saturday - their first victory at Beaumont Park on opening night since joining British Speedway's top flight in 2014.

And while Wolverhampton suffered a 51-41 defeat at Rye House, Lions boss Jim Lynch says nobody can read too much into the opening results of the season.

"Obviously we were delighted to earn the win over Swindon and it was an important one for the club with everything that's gone on over the winter," said Lynch.

"The thing I've tried to get over to everyone is that we need to concentrate our efforts on winning as many meetings we can at home.

"When we head away from home, every single time, I'm just going to tell my riders to enjoy it!

"There's no easy place to go to in this league and I personally don't think that piling the pressure on the riders will benefit us at all.

"What I do believe is that if they settle down, gel, go out there and enjoy themselves, that's when we may spring a surprise or two!

"In my experience, getting on riders backs away from home doesn't help - when they're relaxed and loving their racing as a team, that's when a group can be frightening, in a good way, out there!

"Wolverhampton will be disappointed to lose their opening match, but at home they're a totally different prospect.

"I looked at their scorecard against Poole in the Elite Shield last week; they won by ten points and that was with the opposition reserve scoring a huge amount of points.

"So we know how dangerous Wolves are at Monmore Green, but as I say, I'm giving my riders the freedom to go out there and enjoy themselves.

"If we can something then so be it, but if we are unable to do so then we just turn out attentions to the next one!"

WOLVERHAMPTON: Freddie Lindgren, Kyle Howarth, Adam Skornicki, Jacob Thorssell, Sam Masters, Max Clegg, Nathan Greaves.

LEICESTER: Kim Nilsson, Josh Auty, Kacper Gomolski, Erik Riss, Danny King, Josh Bates, Danny Ayres.

Comfy home win, but young Bates to have a good pay day at reserve...

Should be a comfortable home win for the Wolves, but still enough in this for the Lions to have a sniff of picking up an away point or two! We're much better at reserve, and even Ayres should know his way around Monmore being a Cradley rider. A fair bit could depend on Sam Masters, who's results have looked a bit hit and miss (from the, albeit few, I've seen so far) this season. Hope Auty has a good meeting!

Will be close mark my words!

Hopefully someone will step up to provide updates to the excellent updates site.

Gonna miss the next 2 home matches.

48-42.

Looks like a game of two halves - top half v bottom half of each team...wolves shade the top but Lions stronger 4 - 7. with a few surprises thrown in

Weather Forecast is good so hopefully a good crowd to see what looks like a tight fixture - Wolves getting the win due to home advantage is most probably the likely outcome, but have to say Lions were gating well on Saturday so all to play for.

Edited by 1 valve

Will be close mark my words!

Hopefully someone will step up to provide updates to the excellent updates site.

Gonna miss the next 2 home matches.

48-42.

I'm happy to provide updates but I'm not familiar with how to do it or where?

• Like 1

A Wolves win but Leicester could get a point. Quite encouraged by Howarth's scoring so far. Looking forward to seeing Erik Riss ride, he should be able to cope with Monmore having ridden Armadale.

Usually Sue will come on a thread and ask but here is the updates site and it doesn't look like they have anyone yet.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/

• Like 2

Usually Sue will come on a thread and ask but here is the updates site and it doesn't look like they have anyone yet.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/

PW if you private me your mobile number I will pass it on.

Or if Sue is reading she can advise.

Basically you just text the heat results to a number that's provided to you. Pretty simple.

PW if you private me your mobile number I will pass it on.

Or if Sue is reading she can advise.

Basically you just text the heat results to a number that's provided to you. Pretty simple.

Thanks Steve - I'll be filling in a programme anyway so sending it through on text will be no problem too. Have just tried to PM you my number but it says that you can't receive any new messages for some reason.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

Thanks Steve - I'll be filling in a programme anyway so sending it through on text will be no problem too. Have just tried to PM you my number but it says that you can't receive any new messages for some reason.

My inbox is probably full.

I will clear it.

Just spoken to Sue who runs the updates site but they are sorted for tonight but could you do it next week for the Coventry match?

My inbox is probably full.

I will clear it.

Just spoken to Sue who runs the updates site but they are sorted for tonight but could you do it next week for the Coventry match?

Yes no problem - I'm a season ticket holder so attend all the home meetings anyway so whenever somebody is needed just let me know, happy to help out.

• Like 4

Yes no problem - I'm a season ticket holder so attend all the home meetings anyway so whenever somebody is needed just let me know, happy to help out.

That's great thanks.

I've sent you a PM.