British Speedway Forum
justathought

Leicester V Somerset 15-4-17

What's going on with Tungate? Was so quick when I watched him last season at the NSS, this year so far from results I've seen he seems to be really struggling.

No !!!

What's going on with Tungate? Was so quick when I watched him last season at the NSS, this year so far from results I've seen he seems to be really struggling.

Dreading that Monday morning phone call from GM

So how does SCB define a puncture? Does that come under the 'bad luck' list being as falling off or an engine failure doesn't? :P Leicester on a 4-2 in heat 15 which would take them through to the next round of the KO Cup with an aggregate two point victory, only for Kim to suffer a puncture on the back straight of the last lap when leading, so turning it into a victory for Somerset. Hard luck Lions but well done to the Rebels.

Last season he was riding at reserve for a lot of it or as a 2nd string. He's not a Premiership number 1.

No !!!

Yes he is in Poland, scored 12 in two meetings and an 8 so far (that I know of) unsure of Sweden or Denmark.

Anyway it comes we are in the semis so happy with that. Would say unlucky Leicester but according to SCB having bike trouble isn't bad luck 😂. In real terms though Leicester were very unlucky but in the same respect we had our fair share of retirements in the first meeting.

So how does SCB define a puncture? Does that come under the 'bad luck' list being as falling off or an engine failure doesn't? :P

Punctures would generally come under bad luck. But there was a meeting at Newport in 2001 where the Swindon riders kept going into the 3rd bend through a rut and getting punctures, that was stupidity.

No excuse anyway, I once saw Robbo have a puncture out of the start at Newport and still win the race! He did a lap with the tyre completely off the wheel, God only knows how.

Punctures would generally come under bad luck. But there was a meeting at Newport in 2001 where the Swindon riders kept going into the 3rd bend through a rut and getting punctures, that was stupidity.

No excuse anyway, I once saw Robbo have a puncture out of the start at Newport and still win the race! He did a lap with the tyre completely off the wheel, God only knows how.

I remember Cory Gathercole doing something similar for us away at Plymouth before. Rode about 3 laps in the lead with a puncture before being overtaken on the final bend.

• Like 1

Should of been disqualified and fined for dangerous riding then. Edited by robert72

Couldn't make it for this one. Can anyone say how the racing was, how the riders were (the Leicester ones), how the track was and what the crowd was like ... please!

Thanks.

He is in Poland

- - - - and ?

Couldn't make it for this one. Can anyone say how the racing was, how the riders were (the Leicester ones), how the track was and what the crowd was like ... please!

Thanks.

1]Good, 2] good, 3]good and 4] good. :lol: Sorry I've chucked my programme away and I've been to another meeting since then so I can't remember any specific details. Have a read through http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16524/leicester-somerset-premiership-koc-2017?page=1&scrollTo=321316 or alternatively hopefully someone with a better memory can tell you. Lions did have bad luck in heat 15 though when Kim had a puncture on the back straight of the last lap while leading so it made the difference between going through to the next round or not. Unfortunately it meant not.

Edited by Gemini