British Speedway Forum

Workington v Scunthorpe ruined by another TR injustice.

I dont see how. Without a TR a 6 point win, with a TR a 3 point win. Either way it's 3 home points and 1 away point. But this way you got a last heat decider, surely that's a good thing?

I dont see how. Without a TR a 6 point win, with a TR a 3 point win. Either way it's 3 home points and 1 away point. But this way you got a last heat decider, surely that's a good thing?

A contrived/fiddled last Heat decider.

What is sporting about that.

• Like 2

it might keep people in the stadium a bit longer, making the escape from the car park more exciting (for car commuters only) ;)

Just looked at the Updates - and I see what you mean.

As I have said many times now, the whole idea is a bloody fiddle.

I will not attend until it is scrapped altogether.

If it isn't - TOUGH!!! Speedway has lost a Customer. I bet I am not alone in this either.

I stopped attending speedway many years ago (well documented on this forum elsewhere) but regulations that constantly changed were a real bug-bear with me at the time. However the introduction of the 'Joker' was one of the silliest in my view.

As a matter of interest is there any other 'professional' sport in this country that has a similar ruling?

Two 'boring' sports (in my view) which would benefit from such an initiative would be snooker and Formula One!

Edited by steve roberts

I stopped attending speedway many years ago (well documented on this forum elsewhere) but regulations that constantly changed were a real bug-bear with me at the time. However the introduction of the 'Joker' was one of the silliest in my view.

As a matter of interest is there any other 'professional' sport in this country that has a similar ruling?

Two 'boring' sports (in my view) which would benefit from such an initiative would be snooker and Formula One!

But you gladly attended for years with a system that was far more unfair.

But you gladly attended for years with a system that was far more unfair.

How's that?

Edited by steve roberts

Cos a reserve could be swopped for a heatleader in an easy race and get a 5-1 meaning the losing team would only be 2 down

Cos a reserve could be swopped for a heatleader in an easy race and get a 5-1 meaning the losing team would only be 2 down

That is why I believe that both are wrong. I lived with the Tactical Substitute for a long time but I cannot live with the Tactical Ride any longer. I find it infuriating.

• Like 1

That is why I believe that both are wrong. I lived with the Tactical Substitute for a long time but I cannot live with the Tactical Ride any longer. I find it infuriating.

Personally I never had a problem with the old Tac Sub regulation (don't know how it's administered nowadays for obvious reasons) despite its flaws...but the 'double points' scenario just didn't/doesn't add up in my view...and it was a view shared by John Berry who I admired greatly.

I used to have more issues with the R/R/R whereby it was changed constantly in its interpretation and subsequent administration causing confusion on many occasions...not only with fans but with Team Managers also!

Also silly regulations that didn't allow Team Managers the choice of whom to place where in riding number order (other than the reserves of course).

Edited by steve roberts

Never said anything about whether the system was fairer...only that I didn't agree with the 'double points' scenario. As I commented I can't comment on any present legislation as I'm unfamiliar with the present day ruling as regards the T/C implementation.

So we've established that fairness and contriving close results aren't an issue...

• Like 3

Any time TWK Your poor nose is getting so short, like mine lol

he maybe has to keep shortening it,,, to stop it from growing ;)

As a matter of interest does anyone remember how the R/R/R was administered during the seasons of 1976 & 77?

I recall Gordon Kennett being able to take up to two rides for the missing Dag Lovaas but towards the back end of the 1977 season wasn't able to take any. I know that it was obviously based on averages and recall Henny Kroeze being the first rider to achieve a seven ride maximum when Halifax were utilising the facility in 1976 (?)

It was always very confusing I seem to remember.

Edited by steve roberts

You tell us, you attended happily seeing such things for decades.

When they made it fairer, so we got less 'contrived/fiddling' last heat deciders, you decided you didn't like it.

• Like 1

You tell us, you attended happily seeing such things for decades.

When they made it fairer, so we got less 'contrived/fiddling' last heat deciders, you decided you didn't like it.

Sigh. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not going through all that again. :nono: :nono:

• Like 1