British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Select. 19/4/17 7.30pm

Trouble is greyhounds tend to be on at the weekend, not a lot the promotion can do about that. Plus Peterborough and Leicester are a lot nearer. I'm not sure if it was on a Sunday at Poole it would make that much difference with the distance.

Well, it wouldn't for me as I'd still want to stay for the week if I did that journey. :D

Right, I wanna back KK but this needs to change.

This team is looking really good apart from KK.

Kerr could easily have had 8 points tonight. Holder looked much better tonight and Hans and Brady are so fast.

But what are the options for KK.

Vaculik i would love but already said he won't ride here but you never know.

Lindback would be solid but who knows with him does he really want to do it,

Shamek P= Best option, is about to be a GP rider in the next couple of years. Would be a really good number 1.

Surely Matt will be making some calls. Also part of me thinks he will stay away from Polish riders.

Another question. What to do with Kerr. We surely let Newman get back to full fitness before bringing him back in.

This is why we need a squad system. But any ideas for who we could have for KK??

Thought KK was ok tonight. Could be worse. We could have Chris Holder!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

If we're looking for non-Poles as a replacement for the disappointing KK, what about Michael Jepsen Jensen or Mikkel Michelsen? Tomas H Jonasson is still an asset... and of course Lindback, although I'm not sure Tonio is one to rely on after last year's debacle.

I'd say the best options would be Vaculik, one of the Pawlicki's, or Dudek though. Well, Magic of course, but he doesn't fit.

Not sure what Hampel and Sayfutdinov's averages are either...

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue

Hans on a new engine last night - looking really good

Could well have been Kerr's last meeting last night if Kyle is fit to return in a couple of weeks. (Kyle not quite there with his physio to have a spin last night, but not far away!) Kerr will not be at Rye on Saturday due to Scunny fixture and with Poole's next meeting after that not til 1st May, Kyle may well be back for that!!

As others have said some great racing last night, which leaves MF and Middlo with a bit of a dilemma re KK. I can't see any potential replacement from the GP series, unless they don't have too many other foreign league commitments. Outside of the GPs who else might there be that isn't Polish and who could be a Number 1?

Makes you wonder if at this early stage Chris is happy at Lynn ?

• Like 1

Based on the same evidence I was thinking the same about KK at Poole.

Trouble is not everyone can ride for Belle Vue. Tough but that's life. 😂

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 6

Probably wouldn't be completely happy anywhere but has to ride in the UK to get his visa? I'm sure given the chance like many others he would give us a miss.

• Like 3

Based on the same evidence I was thinking the same about KK at Poole.

Trouble is not everyone can ride for Belle Vue. Tough but that's life. 😂

Bjerre is flying at the minute. Makes us bees fans wonder what could have been.

Glad you guys are doing well though. Hoping Belle Vue can do it this year 👍🏻

• Like 2

Both scored 5 points. Tho that is probably good for him.

Bjerre is flying at the minute. Makes us bees fans wonder what could have been.

Glad you guys are doing well though. Hoping Belle Vue can do it this year

Thank you. Losing Coventry is a tragedy for the club and the sport. Belle Vue having gone through some dark times this winter I can imagine what the Coventry fans are going through. I just hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that either you can return to Brandon or, that a new home can be found.

With regards to Bjerre I am sure he would have been a revelation for the Bees. He is a delight to watch at the NSS, he is fighting for every point, coming through from the back when necessary and not backing off in tight situations. He seems destined to have a brilliant season.

• Like 1

If we're looking for non-Poles as a replacement for the disappointing KK, what about Michael Jepsen Jensen or Mikkel Michelsen? Tomas H Jonasson is still an asset... and of course Lindback, although I'm not sure Tonio is one to rely on after last year's debacle.

I'd say the best options would be Vaculik, one of the Pawlicki's, or Dudek though. Well, Magic of course, but he doesn't fit.

Not sure what Hampel and Sayfutdinov's averages are either...

Don't think Piotr Pawlicki will come, only lasted a couple of months with us, and has more commitments now

Aren't some forgetting the Polish rule?

All these top guys being discussed still can't come because of the 2 club rule.

So there is no chance of either Pawlicki, Zagar, Iversen, MJJ, Vaculik et al coming.

Aren't some forgetting the Polish rule?

All these top guys being discussed still can't come because of the 2 club rule.

So there is no chance of either Pawlicki, Zagar, Iversen, MJJ, Vaculik et al coming.

Was just throwing some names into the hat for discussion. This is a forum after all, and giving KK the boot seems the topic-du-jour right now!

Trouble is people have short memory's, Chris has won countless matches for Poole, hence I would put him over kk every time, he is a Poole legend

• Like 1