British Speedway Forum
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle V Ipswich (championship) Sunday April 23 @ 6.30

Nothing going ipswich way this year. Now guest pulls out of meeting injured. Down to 5 riders

Shame, but great credit to the Ipswich reserves especially Hume.

• Like 2

I think it is great that Phillips is doing well fair play to the Newcastle promotion for showing faith in the lad.For me it is great that we have Phillips,Hume,Mountain,Shuttleworth,Perks, (ect) all young Brits holding there own in the Championship.

• Like 1

Being a very patient supporter. I wish Danny Phillips well. When he is racing full throttle he looks good but when he shuts off he wobbles. He should talk to his captain Ludde as he is a master at throttle control. Newcastle are doing well so far despite a suspect tail but they all need to practise starting. Ruthless would be unbeatable if he could make the gate every time

• Like 1

Being a very patient supporter. I wish Danny Phillips well. When he is racing full throttle he looks good but when he shuts off he wobbles. He should talk to his captain Ludde as he is a master at throttle control. Newcastle are doing well so far despite a suspect tail but they all need to practise starting. Ruthless would be unbeatable if he could make the gate every time

Sometimes"dan you have to shut off but he has made real progress. Edited by Sidney the robin

Really hope Josh Bates is ok and hasn't injured himself, made the best effort I have ever seen to get off the track just to collapse in a pile... And that was when we were on a 5-1, he could have stayed down, but he didn't

Also all I want to say is WELL DONE DANNY PHILLIPS!! And good effort from Connor, never gives up and has a nice style, once he gets dialed in at Brough, he could be a good reserve

Track wasn't at it's best yesterday, although I can't say anything because I'm not the tractor man...

I think it is great that Phillips is doing well fair play to the Newcastle promotion for showing faith in the lad.

While I am pleased Danny is scoring points, he should be beating opposition reserves who have never ridden Brough Park before with his home track experience now

While I am pleased Danny is scoring points, he should be beating opposition reserves who have never ridden Brough Park before with his home track experience now

Of course and you are right "Keith but as a example he wont be beating Hume at Foxhall so everyone has a home track advantage,But this year he has improved the championship now is really tough and look how the likes of JPB and Smith are coping in the Championship Phillips is holding his own.

Phillips has impressed me so far this season (I've only been to the home meetings though) I understand, we're still weak at reserve, but Danny so far, has done well in my eyes, and I'm sure Connor will soon fallow

• Like 1

If Danny had'nt 'flipped' in his 3rd ride, am sure it would be fair to say that he would have scored in that one too, and scoring in every ride would be a vast improvement.

• Like 2